Has anyone tried the AEV Third Brake light on a non AEV tire carrier

jorgelrod

Hooked
I'm looking at third brake light options for the ACE tire carrier I ordered. I like that the AEV one is small, and I prefer that over those round ones. I would figure it should work as that is basically just run through the bolts on the tire mount but I'm wondering if anybody else has tried it.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I'm looking at third brake light options for the ACE tire carrier I ordered. I like that the AEV one is small, and I prefer that over those round ones. I would figure it should work as that is basically just run through the bolts on the tire mount but I'm wondering if anybody else has tried it.

I have the AEV brake light and it mounts to a bracket that goes over the studs that hold your spare. Yes it should work on any bumper with a spare. Where it may be more of a challenge is the opening size and location on you wheels. With my Hutcherson, I have to modify the bracket to sneak through a smaller opening.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have the AEV brake light and it mounts to a bracket that goes over the studs that hold your spare. Yes it should work on any bumper with a spare. Where it may be more of a challenge is the opening size and location on you wheels. With my Hutcherson, I have to modify the bracket to sneak through a smaller opening.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm still running my OEM Sport Wheels, That shouldn't be an issue.

jsukey

I debated on that light when I got my AEV bumper. I ended up going with the Delta Tech LED lights that fit in your spare tires lugnut holes. I got them for around $30 from QT. That was over 4 years ago, and they are still performing great. Super easy install, and nice and bright as well!

IMG_1009.PNG
110647.jpg

Top Bottom