Starting a new job.

black pearl

Hooked
After being self employed for 11 years. Then taking care of my disabled dad for two years. I started thinking about what I need for later in life. So I'm starting a new career on the 19th. It will be nice to have a better cash flow, as I seem to spend all my cash on jeep parts and live my life on credit. I'm a little worried about my wheeling time though [emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
After being self employed for 11 years. Then taking care of my disabled dad for two years. I started thinking about what I need for later in life. So I'm starting a new career on the 19th. It will be nice to have a better cash flow, as I seem to spend all my cash on jeep parts and live my life on credit. I'm a little worried about my wheeling time though [emoji23].

Change is scary, walking into the unknown. I'm actually looking at going the other way from a career to being self employed. While the Fed gov pays decent the frustrations associated with it are beginning to be to much to want to keep dealing with. Good luck to you on your new endeavor.

black pearl

Hooked
Change is scary, walking into the unknown. I'm actually looking at going the other way from a career to being self employed. While the Fed gov pays decent the frustrations associated with it are beginning to be to much to want to keep dealing with. Good luck to you on your new endeavor.

Being self employed is great! I really enjoyed it but also know I don't have the willingness to set money aside for retirement. [emoji17] it's going to be a good thing I'll enjoy the new work and it'll be nice not to have the stress of balancing so many jobs at once.

Good luck on your endeavors!

RockingK

Good for you, taking care of our parents is a tough job! Best of luck to you on your new endeavor:thumb:

black pearl

Hooked
Good for you, taking care of our parents is a tough job! Best of luck to you on your new endeavor:thumb:

Thank you!
It's been great taking care of my father. It's a thing I know I'll never regret doing. Got a lot of good quality time with him. But bills need to be paid and the state pay is very low for a care giver.

DINKELROC

I just started a new job myself in a completely new industry but the retirement will be worth it in the long run. I will be able to get 15 years in and hopefully be able to retire at age 65. Good luck in your new job and don't worry your Dad will always be with you and he has your back just as you had his.

ka-bar

Good luck on the new job! It will be great! I was self employed for a while and worked for other contractors too. It’s a hustle. Started a new job a year or so ago for a larger company, and it’s been great. 401k, paid time off, crappy medical insurance.... But for the first time in years I can actually afford to save $ and play too.

I think it’s awesome that you took care of your dad. Especially here in the Bay Area, it seems like people are unwilling or unable to do that. We live in a three generation home. My dad is retired and can help with the kids, and my wife and I pay the bills and take care of the house. It works out better for everyone. [emoji2]

black pearl

Hooked
I just started a new job myself in a completely new industry but the retirement will be worth it in the long run. I will be able to get 15 years in and hopefully be able to retire at age 65. Good luck in your new job and don't worry your Dad will always be with you and he has your back just as you had his.

I've got 34 years till 65 that's why I'm jumping in now.
My dad still lives with me so I'll still be caring for him in the evenings. Just couldn't continue with the low pay rate.

black pearl

Hooked
Good luck on the new job! It will be great! I was self employed for a while and worked for other contractors too. It’s a hustle. Started a new job a year or so ago for a larger company, and it’s been great. 401k, paid time off, crappy medical insurance.... But for the first time in years I can actually afford to save $ and play too.

I think it’s awesome that you took care of your dad. Especially here in the Bay Area, it seems like people are unwilling or unable to do that. We live in a three generation home. My dad is retired and can help with the kids, and my wife and I pay the bills and take care of the house. It works out better for everyone. [emoji2]

Thank you! This one that came up, wasn't really looking but got the offer. 401k medical, dental and vision. Couldn't pass it up.
I hear that a lot with peoples parents. But I couldn't see myself putting him in a care facility. I'm 5th generation on the property we're at, so I'm very fortunate for that. There is no way I could have what I do in Sonoma any other way.

Stotch

Caught the Bug

Good luck with the new job!

I'm actually looking at going the other way from a career to being self employed. While the Fed gov pays decent the frustrations associated with it are beginning to be to much to want to keep dealing with.

Agree 100%, waiting for them to finalize budgets and wonder if/when the check will go through is a little rough at times. :crazyeyes:

I'm planning on self-employment in retirement while I collect that federal pension! Assuming it isn't taken away before then :mad:

Top Bottom