Jeep trip = found dog

Chris1015

As many of you have likely seen, when passing through southern Utah it is pretty scarce. In some of the very small towns have hundreds of dogs they let roam free. Unfortunately they get near highways, get hit, get lost, and keep breeding and creating a serious problem.

So we are passing down the highway and I noticed a dog running along side. My gf and I stopped, turned around and began trying to get his attention. We got him inside the jeep with ease and began to figure out what to do with him.

We ended up taking him down another 3 hours to a hotel when we could drive no longer in northern AZ. There we gave him a bath, he was totally filthy.

So now we have this little dude with us and our goal is to get him to a no kill shelter in Gilbert AZ. On our way south, we visit the grand canyon. Within the canyon live communities of park employees. It was suggested to us that we ask the park rangers if they would be interested. So we asked and they were willing to take him. In less than 12 hours we got this cool dude adopted! Here's some pictures.

20180228_193022.jpg 20180228_211951.jpg 20180228_215656.jpg 20180301_131335.jpg 20180301_141145.jpg 20180301_141152.jpg

dillard09

That's awesome! Kudos for caring. My mother in law runs a dog rescue. She is a strong women to be able to handle on a daily around 30 dogs.
Thanks for sharing and caring!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chris1015

That's awesome! Kudos for caring. My mother in law runs a dog rescue. She is a strong women to be able to handle on a daily around 30 dogs.
Thanks for sharing and caring!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks for all the kind words, least we could do. Couldn't let that guy be on his own. It's a shame for those dogs. But that's so cool your MIL does that. Great on her!!!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
When we found the three puppies on the side of the road in Georgia we drove to Macon and dropped two off at a no kill pet adoption and donated. We were on the side of the road for a few hours before and no one helped us that we called. They said leave them someone will come get them. I told them no we will take them and find a safe place for them. Kept the cutest spotted one. She's about 9. Her name is Georgia.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Chris1015

When we found the three puppies on the side of the road in Georgia we drove to Macon and dropped two off at a no kill pet adoption and donated. We were on the side of the road for a few hours before and no one helped us that we called. They said leave them someone will come get them. I told them no we will take them and find a safe place for them. Kept the cutest spotted one. She's about 9. Her name is Georgia.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Awesome name!!!

Top Bottom