To recon or not

Hey guys seeking advice on upgrading to a recon or not.

Currently in a 2014 jku Rubicon with teraflex 2.5" ( bought before joined forum), Rancho 9000s, arb bumpers and tire carrier, and 35s. I am about 66k miles on it but out of warranty and have been having issues with it.

If the deal is right thinking about jumping into a 18 jku Rubicon recon. If I do decide to do this, can I run 37 all terrain with tj3 upgraded axels and start over with a quality lift, wait for jku, or tough it out with current build???

Thanks for the advice

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

Hey guys seeking advice on upgrading to a recon or not.

Currently in a 2014 jku Rubicon with teraflex 2.5" ( bought before joined forum), Rancho 9000s, arb bumpers and tire carrier, and 35s. I am about 66k miles on it but out of warranty and have been having issues with it.

If the deal is right thinking about jumping into a 18 jku Rubicon recon. If I do decide to do this, can I run 37 all terrain with tj3 upgraded axels and start over with a quality lift, wait for jku, or tough it out with current build???

Thanks for the advice

what issues have you been having? here's the thing. you will not come out net positive buying a new Recon. you'll save money building up what you have.

as far as handling 37s, we don't really know yet. crazily Jeep only put the beefed up Recon axle in 1 model year. so, there aren't that many people running them. the Cs are much bigger and the tubes a much thicker. but, we don't know how much thicker because no one has torn them apart yet.

so, it's a matter of whether you just want a blank slate or do you want to save money and continue building what you have.

what issues have you been having? here's the thing. you will not come out net positive buying a new Recon. you'll save money building up what you have.

as far as handling 37s, we don't really know yet. crazily Jeep only put the beefed up Recon axle in 1 model year. so, there aren't that many people running them. the Cs are much bigger and the tubes a much thicker. but, we don't know how much thicker because no one has torn them apart yet.

so, it's a matter of whether you just want a blank slate or do you want to save money and continue building what you have.
I appreciate the info, thank you.

Jackal01

What issues are you having?

Personally I would 37s on the Recon. We bought one and I am confident in their performance with 37s and proper regrearing.

What issues are you having?

Personally I would 37s on the Recon. We bought one and I am confident in their performance with 37s and proper regrearing.

Some misfires and some cylinder heads replaced. Had an after market warranty which is set to expire at the end if this month. Have a little less than 3 years to pay off jeep. A friend of mine was able to purchase a new fully loaded jlu Rubicon from a leo friendly dealer and dealer has offered to sell me a he aiky discounted recon. Waiting to see what they offer for my jeep

Gobicon2017

I can add to the gear part. Ran 3.73’s on my recon with 35’s and it sucked. Went to 4.88’s and now I’m going to 37’s shortly to get the rpm’s down a bit. I have no worries about c’s, as I think they’ve beefed up enough in the recon.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

ibis9999

Some misfires and some cylinder heads replaced. Had an after market warranty which is set to expire at the end if this month. Have a little less than 3 years to pay off jeep. A friend of mine was able to purchase a new fully loaded jlu Rubicon from a leo friendly dealer and dealer has offered to sell me a he aiky discounted recon. Waiting to see what they offer for my jeep

Wow! 66000 miles and already major engine problems. Makes me wonder if it’s worth owning a Wrangler.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom