performance 33 vs 35

Hi all

Currently I have a 2 inch ome lift and actually it is no more or less than 2 inch of lift.

I´m running on 33" tires and they tuck in very well in the wells at full articulation. So 35 wont fit right now.

Hovever, if I fit 1,5 or maybee even 2" of bumpstops I think 35 will work even with swaybar disconnected.

The ome shock fully extended is nearly 2 inch longer than stock and about 0.2 inch shorter ( whats the point with that i do not know )

Hovever, If I fit bumpstop to fit 35" tires I will lose 2 inch of uptravel, total travel but still have 2 inch of more downtravel compared to stock.

In what case will my jeep have the best off road capabilities? with 33" that I´ve now and more uptravel or with 35" tires but lose some uptravel and same downtravel?

Personaly I think the 35" will be superior but any downside? What do you guys think?

On higher speeds on like desert road I can belive the 2" of less uptravel can be a con but on slow pace trail the 35 should be better?

Best Regards

I´m happy that my lift did gave me exactly 2 inch of lift and no more or less. If I go higher there is a lot of other things that have to be adressed.

Anyway, after I wrote the post I started to think about flat fenders and found Eddies nice write up about the Bushwacker flat fenders.

They look really nice and also do a great job of hiding all the stuff in the wheel well. They look like they came from the factory and I like them a lot, at least by pictures.

Maybee with those flat fenders I can fit 35 with the lift I have without extra bumpstops?

Thing is, such things as trails in Sweden does not exist because of laws. So therefore we do more "overlanding" and not much crawling on trails. So many times we can drive at higher speeds but still on very uneven roads with a lot of bumps. So thats why I´m not keen on bumpstops because it is not fun to bottom out the suspension all the time.

black pearl

Hooked
You should be fine with your lift and 35s with flat fenders. I ran my 35s with under 2.5" of lift with trimmed stock fenders. No issues, before I bummed it up to 3".

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
This is a 2” lift with 35’s and flat fenders. It performs well but I definitely need to get some aftermarket bump stops in the rear.

IMG_4418.JPG
IMG_4453.JPG

Top Bottom