Deleted app. Found a different forum with no issues. Unsubscribing

jeep hunter

Alright everyone, I finally got my first Cherokee. A 1996 4x4 4.0l. I'm interested in a lift kit and larger tires. But it should be known I'm not a rock crawler or advanced off roading. Just simple trails, camping and hunting. I have researched, and I'm receiving mixed info. Originally I was going to purchase a trail master 3 " stg 4 lift kit. Besides lift and suspension It includes steering stabilizer. But I'm concerned about wheel clearance and turning radius. I looked into the 4.5", but now I'm hearing ( from a salesman that may be just trying upsale me) that at 4.5"s, the driveshaft has to be purchased as it requires a longer reach, and aftermarket u-joints? I want the cool appearance of height, and not going really big tires but wanna keep it in budget. I've also looked online for images to compare both sizes but it's hard to really grasp the difference when it's not in front you real time. Any suggestions or better pictures of either size would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’m no pro on the subject, but 5 of my buddies have XJ’s with basic short arm 3” lifts and 31” tires, fender mods and that’s basically it.... and they beat the living shit out of them... I think 33’s are the max you want to go on those axles and for what you are doing with it, you just don’t need a lot. I’m sure you’ll get some great advice here.

jeep hunter

Yeah see that's what I needed to see! That's exactly what I'm looking to do. 3" is perfect with what I'm wanting. Was gonna also install a yoke slip eliminated after lift is complete.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app

EmJustEm06

3” definitely has my vote. I have a 3” Rough Country Lift on my KJ. I also put 2” wheel spacers on. Had to get my grinding wheel out to trim down some plastic pieces in the well due to rubbing in sharp turns, but other than that it’s been a fun investment! I have Cooper Discoverer A/T 255/70/16

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure what happened with the OP but apparently, this thread was the last time he was on the forum before sending me an email for some help. As you can see, this is what transpired.

Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2018 1:27 PM
To: WAYALIFE Jeep Forum <webmaster@wayalife.com>
Subject: Re: Welcome to WAYALIFE Jeep Forum!

Please check my account. Cannot personalize at this time. Says awaiting confirmation of email.

I responded with this...

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018, 8:50 AM webmaster wrote:
Are you still having problems with this? I see you are registered and even have 13 posts to your name.

This was he responded with...

Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 8:00 AM
To: WAYALIFE Jeep Forum <webmaster@wayalife.com>
Subject: Re: Welcome to WAYALIFE Jeep Forum!

Now doesn't recognize my sign in. Deleted app. Found a different forum with no issues. Unsubscribing

Not sure what I might have done to get him all worked up but I just wanted to make sure there was a record of what happened here. :idontknow:

Top Bottom