15000 Mile JKU Maintenance

Wowcool

Hey all! Just got back from the dealership and they gave me this “preferred” maintenance package for 15000 miles. The cost was almost $1200 though! I really want to keep up with the maintenance and make this vehicle last, but I can’t spend that. I was wondering if I can do all of this myself? I have little experience but I am willing to learn. Is there anything on this list that you think I should take to a professional? And is all of this maintenance necessary? IMG_1079.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
I personally would do it myself. The list of things really isn't that difficult and can be done with basic tools.
Not sure about something post up a question or visit the wright up section.

WJCO

Meme King
Check your owner's manual and see if that shit is even in there. That seems rediculous, IMO. And 1200 dollars for all that is financial rape.

rmilobrown

What Black Pearl said! Some basic tools, watch and read Eddie's wright ups. You Tube has lots of stuff. Many people here are more than willing to help. Most importantly, you learn your Jeep!

HAPPYTRAILS

Bear_JT

Hooked
1200 and they’ll install a lube sticker with it?!?! I’m with the other guys, you can do all or most of this stuff yourself and really learn about your Jeep in the process as well as valuable basic services for any vehicle. And save a ton of money!

jesse3638

Hooked
The hardest part will be installing the lube sticker..haha. Do all that yourself. Cost of all the fluids and filters would likely be less than $200

Synthetic oil: $36 Costco (not on sale) $27 on sale
Royal purple dif oil: $80
Air filter: $25 amazon
Oil filter: $12
T-case oil: $36
Brake Fluid: $15
Everything else: $0
Labor: Free!

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Hey all! Just got back from the dealership and they gave me this “preferred” maintenance package for 15000 miles. The cost was almost $1200 though! I really want to keep up with the maintenance and make this vehicle last, but I can’t spend that. I was wondering if I can do all of this myself? I have little experience but I am willing to learn. Is there anything on this list that you think I should take to a professional? And is all of this maintenance necessary? View attachment 296027

This is a dealer scam! Check your owners manual for intervals. Regular oil changes and inspections are all that’s needed at this time unless you’re operating in extreme conditions whether environmental or situational.

Your owners manual examples:

IMG_6634.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Fuck dat shit! My jeep just today turned 140,000 I bought brand new. To be honest I never followed those recommendations.

Wowcool

This is a dealer scam! Check your owners manual for intervals. Regular oil changes and inspections are all that’s needed at this time unless you’re operating in extreme conditions whether environmental or situational.

Your owners manual examples:

View attachment 296031

The first thing I did was check my manual and I noticed they didn’t correspond with one another. But a little research on the internet about changing diff fluid every 15000 miles made me curious. I have never changed diff fluid. Thanks for your reply!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wowcool

The hardest part will be installing the lube sticker..haha. Do all that yourself. Cost of all the fluids and filters would likely be less than $200

Synthetic oil: $36 Costco (not on sale) $27 on sale
Royal purple dif oil: $80
Air filter: $25 amazon
Oil filter: $12
T-case oil: $36
Brake Fluid: $15
Everything else: $0
Labor: Free!

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha. My jaw just about dropped when I saw the price. It didn’t even include tax! I’m glad it won’t be nearly that much.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom