[VIDEO] Rock Hard 4x4 Question and Answer with James!

Video is up!

Learn more about Rock Hard 4x4! Post your questions below and have them answered by James! We'll put them together in a video Q&A and post it in coming weeks. We'll send out t-shirts to our favorite questions that get answered in the video!

29104182_1588095701240018_6188756090637778944_n.jp  g

Last edited:

CookieMonsterJK

Hello James. I am looking at a cage for my 2016 jku and here are my concerns. I’m 6’ and when I’m in the Jeep my head is just a few inches away from the top of the cage so it’s a huge concern if the Jeep toppled over on itself. Will the sport cage handle a full backflip onto its roof and not buckle?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hello James. I am looking at a cage for my 2016 jku and here are my concerns. I’m 6’ and when I’m in the Jeep my head is just a few inches away from the roof so it’s a huge concern if the Jeep toppled over on itself. Will the sport cage handle a full backflip onto its roof and not buckle?

Lower your seat. I’m 6’3” and I’m not that close to the roof. SDG on here is 6’10” and he has a cage with no issues.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I edited my post, should have said a few inches from the top of the cage not roof. To lower the seat is it a new bracket or something I can do with the stock hardware?

There is a handle on the side that will lift and lower the seat.

If you’re a couple inches from the cage I don’t think there is much you can do. Buy aftermarket seats that sit lower with a harness so you don’t move in a roll over.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Probably an unimportant question. But, I’ve asked your techs and was told there was no plans to do this, but, could you guys make paper templates for trimming the upper driver and passenger A pillar plastic covers? Seems like you could make these from a successful trim, even an unsuccessful one. I’ve kept my covers with the anticipation of doing this trim. Some tough angles and tight space has kept me from attempting it with so many other things that need done on the Jeep.
My install was a two weekend effort for the full cage, but got it done and I am happy with it. Except for the missing covers! :)

Thank you all! Printed out the top 45 questions for our Moab QA video. Will whittle the list down a little further. Lots of great philosophy behind the parts questions, some fun ones, and some tech specific ones. This should be good!

JAGS

Hooked
Tackled a lot of question. You need to post up more of your JL stuff you have completed and in works. [emoji106]

Top Bottom