The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

Jsouder53

Hooked
I figured I would start a build/adventure thread even though our Jeep is already fairly built up... This is our first Jeep which we named Bearbait. It is a 2016 JKU Sport Freedom Edition we picked up July of 2016 on a whim during a cross country road trip (best souvenir possible). Bearbait is my wife's daily so we are making it a good DD that can handle great off-road, but there is still more to come eventually.

This summer we do have a cross country road trip planned, so I will be sharing any and all photos on here. Our main destination will be Montana for the most part, secondly will be Utah (being that its not too hot) and Colorado.

Mods already installed on the Jeep:

Rugged Ridge front drive shaft
EVO front Plush Ride coils
3.5 inch MetalCloak Dual Rate Coils
35 inch Mickey Thompson ATZ P3
17 inch Mickey Thompson classic 3 black wheels
LOD Destroyer Shorty with Bull Bar
LOD Destroyer Full Width Rear with Tire Carrier
with jerry can mounts and trail rack
LOD Signature Series Rock Sliders
M.O.R.E. tranny/oil pan skid
M.O.R.E. evap skid
Riddler MFG Diff Covers
Garvin Adventure Rack
Cobra 75wx st with 4ft fire stick
Grabbars
Warn Zeon 12s
Spiderweb Shade
KC Gravity Headlights and Fog lights
Rancho 9000xl shocks

Phase 2 (starting mid 2023)

Evo Long Arm
Evo Drag link flip
Dynatrac serious performance 44/60
PSC hydro assist
Trail Ready Beadlocks
Nitto Trail Grapplers
King Coil overs
King bumpstops
KC flex 4 lights
Switch pros
Arb twin compressor ✅
Trektop NX glide

Phase 3 (who knows when this will happen)

LT1 swap

Right after we picked up Bearbait
IMG_6785.jpg

After lift and tires
IMG_6786.jpg

After Bumpers, Winch and Rock Sliders
IMG_0618 2.jpg
IMG_0001.jpg

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Just recently I was having one electrical issue which I took care of by detaching the battery while doing a tire rotation, now this shows up (The ABS and traction control light will not go off)... I had some dirt caked around my rear driver side abs sensor which I scraped off, so I was wondering if that had something to do with it. Does it mean I need to replace the sensor?

IMG_1407.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just recently I was having one electrical issue which I took care of by detaching the battery while doing a tire rotation, now this shows up (The ABS and traction control light will not go off)... I had some dirt caked around my rear driver side abs sensor which I scraped off, so I was wondering if that had something to do with it. Does it mean I need to replace the sensor?

View attachment 296486

Had the same issue. For me, it turned to be the sensor wire not having a good connection with the wheel speed sensor. Swapped the wire and connector with an OEM replacement and it worked immediately. I wasn’t sure which wheel for me was sending the code, so I bought a Blue Driver. Not only did it specify which wheel, but it actually recommended replacing the wire. And then it cleared the codes for me. Worth the investment.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Had the same issue. For me, it turned to be the sensor wire not having a good connection with the wheel speed sensor. Swapped the wire and connector with an OEM replacement and it worked immediately. I wasn’t sure which wheel for me was sending the code, so I bought a Blue Driver. Not only did it specify which wheel, but it actually recommended replacing the wire. And then it cleared the codes for me. Worth the investment.

Awesome! Thank you [emoji106] I’ll look into that

Jsouder53

Hooked
We made our minds up between soft top and hard top for this summer after weighing the pros and cons and hearing all of your opinions. So we decided to throw it on today
IMG_0641.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Your stock Jeep looks familiar (I have the exact same thing). I hope mine grows up to be like yours someday.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I replaced the abs sensor today, unfortunately the dash lights are still on... so I’m guessing it is the connector that is not making a good connection which did feel like it was not clipping on fully.

Image1522010126.188578.jpg

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Problem is resolved! Must’ve needed to be driven just a little farther to reset itself! No more dash lights!

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
We are moving in 2 months from Florida to Montana!

So this summer we were initially going to take a six week trip to Montana to figure out where exactly we wanted to live and possible jobs. We just decided yesterday to go ahead and move out there, why not! We have been slowly growing tired of Florida and yesterday was it... the last straw

sipafz

Caught the Bug
We are moving in 2 months from Florida to Montana!

So this summer we were initially going to take a six week trip to Montana to figure out where exactly we wanted to live and possible jobs. We just decided yesterday to go ahead and move out there, why not! We have been slowly growing tired of Florida and yesterday was it... the last straw

Good for you! I have never been to Montana, but it’s definitely on the list!

Top Bottom