Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    What is the easiest way to figure out bumpstop size needed?

One thing that I just realized I’ll be needing to do is bumpstops... with the RC shocks, they were internal on the shocks so I never had to mess with them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Nice upgrade with the gears and stuff!

A good place to start is lift = bump extension length.

From there, you can make adjustments to allow maximum up travel to keep the tires from rubbing the inner fenders and shocks from bottoming out.

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Nice upgrade with the gears and stuff!

A good place to start is lift = bump extension length.

From there, you can make adjustments to allow maximum up travel to keep the tires from rubbing the inner fenders and shocks from bottoming out.
    Thank you!

The Build and Adventures of Bearbait

I’m looking at the evo bumpstops, I have a 3.5 inch lift (yields a little higher I think) should I go with a 3 inch or 4 inch bumpstop

Edit: just found Clayton Off Road bumpstops, trim able

Last edited by Jsouder53; 07-14-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    I’m looking at the evo bumpstops, I have a 3.5 inch lift (yields a little higher I think) should I go with a 3 inch or 4 inch bumpstop

Edit: just found Clayton Off Road bumpstops, trim able

I think 3” is recommended for 37s and 4” is recommended for 40s. I believe most 3” lifts come with 3” bumps

Quote Originally Posted by Mybadjk View Post
    I think 3” is recommended for 37s and 4” is recommended for 40s. I believe most 3” lifts come with 3” bumps

Cool! Thank you for that

I run 4” Evo coils, that actually give me exactly 4” of lift on my JKU. I run winch up front and end up with a slight rake but once loaded up with tools and gear for trail running, it levels out. I run 37s with trimmed flares. Not sure what size my bumps are but, it stops my tires about 3/8” from rubbing on my cut flares at full stuff and are long enough not to bottom out my shocks .
    One tip I have for measuring bumps is to pretend the rubber factory stops in the frame are not even even there. Measure form the metal perch where they insert into the frame, to the bump you are adding on the axle. Those rubber bumps will smush all the way down in certain situations. Compare that measurement to how much up travel you have left in your shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by VeruGE*144 View Post
    I run 4” Evo coils, that actually give me exactly 4” of lift on my JKU. I run winch up front and end up with a slight rake but once loaded up with tools and gear for trail running, it levels out. I run 37s with trimmed flares. Not sure what size my bumps are but, it stops my tires about 3/8” from rubbing on my cut flares at full stuff and are long enough not to bottom out my shocks .
    One tip I have for measuring bumps is to pretend the rubber factory stops in the frame are not even even there. Measure form the metal perch where they insert into the frame, to the bump you are adding on the axle. Those rubber bumps will smush all the way down in certain situations. Compare that measurement to how much up travel you have left in your shocks.
    Thank you for that knowledge! I will definitely do that just ordered some bumpstops that you can trim down

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011