who know what is this

altiery

its located in front of battery its a jk 2011

Attachments

• 29062999_1824846131142586_3922294147662217216_n.jpg
    29062999_1824846131142586_3922294147662217216_n.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 382

jsukey

What he said. Purge valve solenoid. It's one of the root causes to the infamous P0455 codes. Under normal operation, you should be able to blow through it. Once power is applied to it, the valve should close and you shouldn't be able to blow through it. You can pick them up for around $25 new.

jsukey

It's just one of the causes for that code....not the only reason. I would suggest giving your entire EVAP system a thorough look over. Get a smoke test done if you can before you start throwing money at it. Check for broken or chaffed vacuum lines first. The particular areas of interest are right at the battery, on the line that runs to that purge valve. The JK is known for rubbing a hole in that hose right there. The 2nd place I would look, is the rollover valve on top of your gas tank. You don't need to drop the tank to do that. There are some vacuum lines that run from the driver side, over the top of your axle to the gas tank. One of those is known for breaking off at the connection, due to the strain that is put on the lines. That is an easy repair if it is. That code can even be thrown because of a faulty seal on your gas cap.

Last edited:

altiery

It's just one of the causes for that code....not the only reason. I would suggest giving your entire EVAP system a thorough look over. Get a smoke test done if you can before you start throwing money at it. Check for broken or chaffed vacuum lines first. The particular areas of interest are right at the battery, on the line that runs to that purge valve. The JK is known for rubbing a hole in that hose right there. The 2nd place I would look, is the rollover valve on top of your gas tank. You don't need to drop the tank to do that. There are some vacuum lines that run from the driver side, over the top of your axle to the gas tank. One of those is known for breaking off at the connection, due to the strain that is put on the lines. That is an easy repair if it is. That code can even be thrown because of a faulty seal on your gas cap.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

badandy1

This is an awesome Forum Guys! Exactly what someplace like this about! My neighbors wife's Jeep threw the Evap Code the other day. Looked for the obvious, loose gas cap. I cleared the code and am waiting to hear if the check engine light comes back on. If it does? Well, I know where to go look next! It is a Mall Crawler so didn't bother looking for cracked or broken canister.. Even though the factory location and daily driving on common freeways is a risk.
Thanks for the input jsukey!

jsukey

This is an awesome Forum Guys! Exactly what someplace like this about! My neighbors wife's Jeep threw the Evap Code the other day. Looked for the obvious, loose gas cap. I cleared the code and am waiting to hear if the check engine light comes back on. If it does? Well, I know where to go look next! It is a Mall Crawler so didn't bother looking for cracked or broken canister.. Even though the factory location and daily driving on common freeways is a risk.
Thanks for the input jsukey!

My pleasure! I see you're over in Arlington...I'm right next door in Fort Worth. Hit me up if you ever want to make a trip out to Bridgeport!, Barnwell, or Hidden Falls!

BobNH

No body known what is this because in other forum no body respond

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I did, and I said it is the evap canister filter, maybe a breather filter.
It is in the area behind the drivers side tail light. On my tj, it was next to the evap canister under the hood, and the top came off to allow access to a paper elemenr filter.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jsukey

I saw where it had been responded to. If I had to guess...I would say it's a filter that has to deal with the filler neck and gas pump shutting off, once the tank is full.

Top Bottom