Powder Coated King Shocks

KICKROX

Just wanted to share some pics of my King Shocks that I had powder coated. I decided to go with the EVO Bolt-on Coilover kit and Drew over at EVO hooked me up with a set of Black Kink Shocks but still had the King Blue Coils on them. But blue just doesn't go well with my Jeep so I decided to get them powder coated red to match some of the accents of my factory hooks, etc.. And after checking with KING and EVO on whether the heat of getting them powder coated would weaken the shocks or not, both said that the heat required in the powder coating process isn’t hot enough to change the coil. (for those who wondered). I decided to get them powder coated.

Now I just need to pick a weekend and try to bang out the install.. on top of that, I have new chromoly axle shafts (bent factory one), JE Real drive shafts (banged my rear one up pretty bad), and rear upper control arms to install with them.

What do you guys think?

KingRed.jpg

benatc1

Hooked
Looks really good Mike, will certainty match your Jeep well. Let me know if you need a hand with install. Haven’t personally done the coil over kit but just let me know. Also some other good upgrades [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

KICKROX

Looks really good Mike, will certainty match your Jeep well. Let me know if you need a hand with install. Haven’t personally done the coil over kit but just let me know. Also some other good upgrades [emoji106]

Hi Ben, I may take you up on your offer.. the more hands the better. I'll hit you up when the time comes.. I was hoping this weekend but the weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate with us.

KICKROX

That looks great. Love the red.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you!

Those look awesome! Post some photos of the install [emoji106]

Will do.. If I remember.. I seem to forgot to do that a lot while I'm installing.

King shocks are absolutely awesome! They just look amazing already, love the black and red! Good job!

Thank you.. let's hope they perform as good as they look!

benatc1

Hooked
Hi Ben, I may take you up on your offer.. the more hands the better. I'll hit you up when the time comes.. I was hoping this weekend but the weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate with us.

Sounds good man just let me know, yea not to favorable this weekend. Though I’m sure you have all the tools just let me know if there is something you need. Got a bunch of stuff

dba10ajk

Love the color scheme!! I was thinking about doing same thing when i pull the trigger on the bolt on set up . Curious on how much extra to get the black coil overs ? Also what powder coating cost was for all 8 springs?

Sent from my SM-G930P using WAYALIFE mobile app

KICKROX

And I think you just cost me some money. Lol. Looks pretty awesome!

Thank you! how's the JL treating you so far?

Love the color scheme!! I was thinking about doing same thing when i pull the trigger on the bolt on set up . Curious on how much extra to get the black coil overs ? Also what powder coating cost was for all 8 springs?

It was $400 bucks (or $100 a shock) for the black coilovers and just under $50 Bucks a shock for powder coat. Normally I would have used the extra $600 on other parts but Uncle Sam said why not when I got my Tax Refund. Figured it was better to spend it on that than on Beer (well not all of it). :beer:

dba10ajk

Thank you KICKROX for that information. Now i just have to keep that in mind for the total cost of the kit & wait for the boss lady to tell me it's time .. cheers 🍻

MTG

Caught the Bug
If you have King shocks and then paint them any color but King blue, do you still have King shocks? :thinking:

Looks good! That is a lot cheaper than it used to be to get customer colors.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hey guys all shocks matter, ok

Thanks for your post, I was about to start worrying that this thread was going to get all serious. #onlythinbluelinekingshocksmatter

Except for those gas ass 6pacs... and 'shocks/air bumps' that are filled with foam...

I'm going to have to look for those "gas ass" shocks. Do they use hydrogen to save weight? :idontknow:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Thanks for your post, I was about to start worrying that this thread was going to get all serious. #onlythinbluelinekingshocksmatter

I'm going to have to look for those "gas ass" shocks. Do they use hydrogen to save weight? :idontknow:

Methane. You know, ass gas.

Top Bottom