Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSC Big Bore XD? Yes or NO?

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by jsukey View Post
    I don't know why anyone wouldn't carry the caps and a quart of fluid with them, in the event of a failure in a hydraulic line. Throwing the caps in your center console is just cheap insurance. Interesting to read so many doubts on going hydro assist. I've been reading threads all over the interweb for a couple of months now regarding hydro assist. I have run across very few people who didn't love it. I've been running 35's for the last 4 years, but plan on moving up to 37's within the next few months. I just ran across a guy selling a complete PSC hydro assist kit for an '07 4 door. I had read about some issues of installing a 4 door box into a 2 door, due to the gear box ratio difference. I made an offer for the pump, reservoir, and cooler for $350 and he accepted. Sometime in the next couple of months I'll be pulling off my gearbox and sending it to WTO to be rebuilt and setup for their Redneck Ram. Hoping to have all of this done before our trip to Moab in August!
    With that being said, the guy I bought the pump, cooler, and reservoir from has a used PSC gearbox and a ram for a 1 ton axle for sale, for pretty cheap. I can put you in touch with him if you're interested. Just PM me.
    ‘07 Jeep JK Sahara 6 speed - RK 2.5 X-Factor riding on beefed up Rubi 44’s F&R, with 5.38’s, RCV shafts out front, Auburn Ected w/ 35 spline chromoly’s out back. 37” Nitto Trail Grapplers and 17” Spyderlock beadlocks. AEV bumpers F&R, Warn Zeon 10s, JCR rock rails, ARB twin compressor, assortment of other odds, ends, and goodies!

‘10 Jeep SRT8 w/ 7.2 Arrington 440 stroker making 700hp, built trans, Wavetrac in the rear end

Quote Originally Posted by jsukey View Post
    I don't know why anyone wouldn't carry the caps and a quart of fluid with them, in the event of a failure in a hydraulic line. Throwing the caps in your center console is just cheap insurance. Interesting to read so many doubts on going hydro assist. I've been reading threads all over the interweb for a couple of months now regarding hydro assist. I have run across very few people who didn't love it. I've been running 35's for the last 4 years, but plan on moving up to 37's within the next few months. I just ran across a guy selling a complete PSC hydro assist kit for an '07 4 door. I had read about some issues of installing a 4 door box into a 2 door, due to the gear box ratio difference. I made an offer for the pump, reservoir, and cooler for $350 and he accepted. Sometime in the next couple of months I'll be pulling off my gearbox and sending it to WTO to be rebuilt and setup for their Redneck Ram. Hoping to have all of this done before our trip to Moab in August!
    It’s not that I am opposed to the ram at all. In fact, I will add it down the road when I go to 40s. My points have that if you are only running 37s it’s not necessary for most. Yes there are a lot of jeeps out there that need the ram for 37s and even 35s based off how they wheel. But for most, the XDll is a great upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

PSC Big Bore XD? Yes or NO?

If you’re doing the type of wheeling for which a hydro assist is needed, you’re likely also going to be experienced enough to know that you should bring things for trail repairs. For hydro assist that means caps and extra fluid. Not a big deal to fix a blown ram line if you have those things.

^^^This. Well said.

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    If you’re doing the type of wheeling for which a hydro assist is needed, you’re likely also going to be experienced enough to know that you should bring things for trail repairs. For hydro assist that means caps and extra fluid. Not a big deal to fix a blown ram line if you have those things.
    Yessum.

I have the big bore with my 40’s they do recommend getting the pump with it but I skipped out, you will notice a difference but I ended up getting the pump too I just haven’t installed it yet. Looking at what you’ll need to run the big bore you should just go ahead save some money and do a hydro assist.

For me the debate is between cost, need and simplicity. I don’t plan on going any bigger than 37’s, I wheel some moderately difficult trails ( Rubicon, Johnson Valley, a lot in Big Bear ) but I don’t think my wheeling style really calls for full Hydro and why over complicate something that I dont need. The XDII seems to be a simple answer for me. I’m not opposed to going full hydro but do I really need it?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    You speaking as if you are talking from experience. 😁😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    '08 JKUR 6.0LS, 6L80
    EVO DTD, Evolever w/ Hi Clearance long arms
    40x13.50R17 Nitto TGs w/ KMC Machettes
    Dana 60, Sterling 10.5
    EVO stuff
    Evo Pro & Warn Zeon
    Evo Tire Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by dillard09 View Post
    You speaking as if you are talking from experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yessir I am.

Does someone have the part number for version 2 , none of the retailers specify and I want to make sure I get the second version

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast