Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: PSC Big Bore XD? Yes or NO?

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO View Post
    So I just learned that Bruiser Conversions’ LS kit allows for the Big Bore box but Motech’s doesn’t leave room for it for some reason. So, I’ll be doing the PSC hydro-assist kit but my gear box will just be rebuilt and ported...I won’t have the option to go with the XDII box being that I’m doing the Motech LS kit. My understanding is that the hydro-assist takes a lot of stress off the sector shaft so I should be ok but not ideal. Also, there will be less torque output not having the XD box.

What are most of you guys running with 40’s? Should I worry about doing hydro-assist without the XD box?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SLO -- I think there is room for an XDII box in a Motech conversion. I have the Motech kit with an LC9. Planning on installing and XDII in a few months. The shop doing the work does a lot of XD installs and they measured out that it would fit. Don't know about the 6.0 dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerk93 View Post
    I know for it to clear you have to shave down the psc big bore and the alternate very little where they contact each other for it to clear. That’s the instruction from bruiser.

I wonder if Motech has tried that and opted against it for some reason. I’ll have to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    A larger cylinder, cooler, and hi-flow pump should be more than enough for 40s.
    Thanks. I was hoping/assuming that to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubewarrior View Post
    SLO -- I think there is room for an XDII box in a Motech conversion. I have the Motech kit with an LC9. Planning on installing and XDII in a few months. The shop doing the work does a lot of XD installs and they measured out that it would fit. Don't know about the 6.0 dimensions.
    I have the L94...not sure if that’s part of it. Or, I wonder if Robbie just hasn’t figured it out yet or hasn’t really tried where others have. I’ll probably just leave it as is until I have an issue.

Thanks. I was hoping/assuming that to be the case.
    Take that with a grain of salt since it's coming from a guy running a Redneck Ram setup. I have the smaller cylinder, factory gear box, and factory pump with no cooler that turns my 37s with ease. However, with the research I did before going with what I've got, you shouldn't have any issues.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

So I just learned that Bruiser Conversions’ LS kit allows for the Big Bore box but Motech’s doesn’t leave room for it for some reason. So, I’ll be doing the PSC hydro-assist kit but my gear box will just be rebuilt and ported...I won’t have the option to go with the XDII box being that I’m doing the Motech LS kit. My understanding is that the hydro-assist takes a lot of stress off the sector shaft so I should be ok but not ideal. Also, there will be less torque output not having the XD box.

What are most of you guys running with 40’s? Should I worry about doing hydro-assist without the XD box?

It’s because we use the Jeep accessories and “others” don’t. The ac compressor lands right next to the steering gear, VERY close. You’ll be fine with a regular box and hydro assist.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    It’s because we use the Jeep accessories and “others” don’t. The ac compressor lands right next to the steering gear, VERY close. You’ll be fine with a regular box and hydro assist.

Thanks Bubba!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789