Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PSC Big Bore XD? Yes or NO?

PSC Big Bore XD? Yes or NO?

So Im looking at upgrading my steering and have kind of shyed away from hydro, I know there were some issues with this box when it first came out but curious what those of you running it think of it now, and are you running the stock steering pump ?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by resqman911; 03-13-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    i've thought about it. but, every time i do it doesn't seem to make much sense over just doing hydro in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    i've thought about it. but, every time i do it doesn't seem to make much sense over just doing hydro in the first place.
    Agreed. Especially since it can be done for cheaper than the box alone. I'm very happy with my Redneck Ram kit. $600 and haven't had a single issue.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hooked
    I have the ported version but it was just installed so we will see. I think it was worth it. I have 40" tires.

It really does make a big difference in steering up to 37s. Anything bigger and you are going full hydro. If you go XDll-R, you can order it ported and capped. You then can add and build as you like. If you feel you need the ram down the road, you can order the ram and upgraded pump and reservoir and add it as you need. You will have a extremely strong gear to work with verses the OEM gear that you can shear the shaft right off of. Its an easy way to work up to it verses diving right in to full hydro.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Knows a Thing or Two TheGrendel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    It really does make a big difference in steering up to 37s. Anything bigger and you are going full hydro. If you go XDll-R, you can order it ported and capped. You then can add and build as you like. If you feel you need the ram down the road, you can order the ram and upgraded pump and reservoir and add it as you need. You will have a extremely strong gear to work with verses the OEM gear that you can shear the shaft right off of. Its an easy way to work up to it verses diving right in to full hydro.

but then you have spent 2x the amount of hydro when it is all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    but then you have spent 2x the amount of hydro when it is all said and done.
    Not quite twice and if you are not running 40s there isnt as much need to move to hydro. Ive been running 37s for awhile on an XDll and have no need to go to hydro. Its been on rocks lock and buried in sand locked and it turns them fine. Its not two finger steering in those scenarios but it turns. But I am set up if I ever go to 40s and want to add a ram its a simple bolt on application. The gear and my axle are ready.

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios- are you running the stock pump and reservoir?

Fresh Catch
    My steering box is on its way out. Hope to replace it soon with the big bore as well. Im on 37s and would rather not have hydro steering.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepn0811 View Post
    My steering box is on its way out. Hope to replace it soon with the big bore as well. Im on 37s and would rather not have hydro steering.

thats where Im at, Would like the extra power but really dont want to mess with hydro.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast