Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta Tech Lug-Nut-Lite 3Brake Light LED

Delta Tech Lug-Nut-Lite 3Brake Light LED

Hey guys,

I am looking to replace my 3rd brakelight with Delta Tech Lug-Nut-Lite 3Brake Light LED. I am wondering if anyone has used these, has any input? I am running with a LoD Destroyer Rear bumper that has a swing gate that detaches from the rear door. I am curious if anyone has wired these lights with that kind of setup, and how they did it?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Sharkey; 03-13-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Out of respect for the owners of this forum, I'm deleting the link you posted because ET is a POS company that has previously tried to use Eddie's trademark without his consent.

Here is an Amazon link in case someone wants to check out the light.

https://www.amazon.com/Delta-01-6581...rd+brake+light

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Out of respect for the owners of this forum, I'm deleting the link you posted because ET is a POS company that has previously tried to use Eddie's trademark without his consent.

Here is an Amazon link in case someone wants to check out the light.

https://www.amazon.com/Delta-01-6581...rd+brake+light
    Oh dang.... So Eddie is the guy that made this forum?
    Last edited by dshipp2; 03-13-2018 at 07:40 PM.

I bought these a long time ago but never used them because they wouldn't fit in my wheels. they have been sitting in my garage ever since. also if you do a 5 tire rotation it would be a pain in the ass to take these out every time you need to rotate.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    I bought these a long time ago but never used them because they wouldn't fit in my wheels. they have been sitting in my garage ever since. also if you do a 5 tire rotation it would be a pain in the ass to take these out every time you need to rotate.
    Are you looking to get rid of them for cheap? lol

I used them on my white jeep when I had a LOD rear bumper and tire carrier. I thought they worked great. They come with a quick decoupler and the lights just pop in/out of the hole for the wheel lugs.

I can't remember if there are any pictures in the "building of knuckles" thread. It would be fairly early on if there are.

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    I used them on my white jeep when I had a LOD rear bumper and tire carrier. I thought they worked great. They come with a quick decoupler and the lights just pop in/out of the hole for the wheel lugs.

I can't remember if there are any pictures in the "building of knuckles" thread. It would be fairly early on if there are.
    I looked at that thread and a couple others and think I might be steering away from them. Thanks!

Do you ever plan on moving your #plate to the spare? There are good kits for that which include brake light and Plate light.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Do you ever plan on moving your #plate to the spare? There are good kits for that which include brake light and Plate light.
    Haven't really felt the need to. My main issue about a light in the tire is the wiring. I don't want to deal with unplugging it anytime I open the tire swing and not the rear door.

Delta Tech Lug-Nut-Lite 3Brake Light LED

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp2 View Post
    Haven't really felt the need to. My main issue about a light in the tire is the wiring. I don't want to deal with unplugging it anytime I open the tire swing and not the rear door.
    The wire is run through the door and along the existing harness... then tied into a few wires near the passenger side rear pillar.... you can definitely open the door without unplugging... that would be crazy if you had to unplug it every time.

Edit: Just realized what you meant... the tire swing.... got it. Yeah, that would suck. I could swear I’ve seen guys run the wire near the swing pivot though..

I would run the wire along the swing support, to the pivot, drop through the bumper with a rubber grommet, then up through the rear corner of the cab behind the plastic.
    Last edited by TrailHunter; 03-13-2018 at 10:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast