Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Utah trip.

  1. #1
    Old Timer black pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Sonoma
    Posts
    3,333

    Utah trip.

    So I'm starting the planning of our trip through Utah, that was put off from last year because of wild fires.
    It's still months out but would like in put from people, mainly the Moab area. The trip will be in October. I've been looking at different camping areas. One question I have is do we need to get a fire permit for stove/camp fire? I'm sure I'll have tons of more questions.
    Thanks in advance 🤙


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Take what you can! Give nothing back!

  2. #2
    Old Timer jesse3638's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Apple Valley, CA
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    So I'm starting the planning of our trip through Utah, that was put off from last year because of wild fires.
    It's still months out but would like in put from people, mainly the Moab area. The trip will be in October. I've been looking at different camping areas. One question I have is do we need to get a fire permit for stove/camp fire? I'm sure I'll have tons of more questions.
    Thanks in advance 🤙


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    You can call any local BLM, US Forest Service, or National Park Service for information on campfire permits. As far as I can tell those are strictly a CA thing. There are firewood permits with typically pertains to wood cutting and gathering though.

    Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #3
    Old Timer black pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Sonoma
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    You can call any local BLM, US Forest Service, or National Park Service for information on campfire permits. As far as I can tell those are strictly a CA thing. There are firewood permits with typically pertains to wood cutting and gathering though.

    Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Good call I'll contact one of them. I just don't want to get there and be "that guy"


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Take what you can! Give nothing back!

  4. #4
    Old Timer black pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Sonoma
    Posts
    3,333
    Reviving this thread now that we have set dates for the trip. Our stops are Bryce Canyon, Zion, masa Verde, aches and Moab. We'll be spending two days in Moab October 12-13 (Friday, Saturday) hopping to get a few people to run a couple trails. I would like to run poison spider masa and top of the world and anything else time allows.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Take what you can! Give nothing back!

  5. #5
    Been Around the Block krdadlamb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by black pearl View Post
    Reviving this thread now that we have set dates for the trip. Our stops are Bryce Canyon, Zion, masa Verde, aches and Moab. We'll be spending two days in Moab October 12-13 (Friday, Saturday) hopping to get a few people to run a couple trails. I would like to run poison spider masa and top of the world and anything else time allows.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Do the triple : Poison Spider, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar. That's a full day, great trail. Top of the world is great, but again, almost the whole day. Depending on time and where you end up staying, the short part of Hells Revenge could be done in a couple hours.
    Good luck with your trip. Enjoy.

  6. #6
    Knows a Thing or Two Mountainjk10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    875
    Fins and things and Hells Revenge are right next to each other and can be easily done in an afternoon. I'm planning another trip next year and plan on running elephant hill and definitely poison spider. Top of the world might be a must too. There's plenty of free campsites in Moab if you're looking to go that route.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #7
    Old Timer black pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Sonoma
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by krdadlamb View Post
    Do the triple : Poison Spider, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar. That's a full day, great trail. Top of the world is great, but again, almost the whole day. Depending on time and where you end up staying, the short part of Hells Revenge could be done in a couple hours.
    Good luck with your trip. Enjoy.
    I was thinking of doing the three together. I'm alright with full day trails, I'm sure there will be more trips.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainjk10 View Post
    Fins and things and Hells Revenge are right next to each other and can be easily done in an afternoon. I'm planning another trip next year and plan on running elephant hill and definitely poison spider. Top of the world might be a must too. There's plenty of free campsites in Moab if you're looking to go that route.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Those two were on my list also but had to give up a day, due to travel time home. We got a camp site reserved by arches, the wife wanted to be sure we had a spot.



    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Take what you can! Give nothing back!

  8. #8
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8
    Hey Black Pearl,

    We're planning to be in Utah late September thru October. Hitting Moab and the parks. Pulling the Jeep behind an RV.

    I'm looking for trail partners, pretty new to off roading so really don't want to be heading off solo.Hope to meet up and run a few.

  9. #9
    Old Timer black pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Sonoma
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by LBK Bud View Post
    Hey Black Pearl,

    We're planning to be in Utah late September thru October. Hitting Moab and the parks. Pulling the Jeep behind an RV.

    I'm looking for trail partners, pretty new to off roading so really don't want to be heading off solo.Hope to meet up and run a few.
    We'll be running a few trails oct. 12-13. Always looking for someone to wheel with, as we'll be solo.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Take what you can! Give nothing back!

  10. #10
    Knows a Thing or Two RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
    Posts
    665
    I’ll be in Moab October 10th-14th. I’d be happy to show you around if you’ve never been.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Colorado to Utah Trip
    By jmedgar in forum Destinations & Beyond
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-11-2017, 05:59 AM
  2. Utah Camping/wheelin trip
    By Dprochef in forum Upcoming Trips & Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2017, 03:49 AM
  3. Utah camping / wheeling trip
    By Dprochef in forum Upcoming Trips & Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2017, 11:50 PM
  4. Rattlesnake-5mile trip lehi Utah.
    By RESURECTIONJK in forum Upcoming Trips & Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-28-2017, 11:06 AM
  5. Bountiful, Utah Weekend Day Trip 11-5
    By RK-JK2014 in forum Destinations & Beyond
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2016, 05:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS