need some advice on cleaning

14JK-U

been gone from here for a while because Ive been buying a new house and not sure if this belongs in the tech section or another section but here's the issue: (move if you need to)
this morning on my way to work I was cresting a very steep hill and on the descent right at the crest there were three 5 gallon buckets of white paint poured across the road, this is a very heavily trafficked road, and i had no choice but to run through it. my jeep got a half ass white paint job (looks like i ran it through a maaco paint booth). i got it to a car wash and sprayed off everything i could, luckily it came off all the paint and windows, the undercarriage got clean after a little scrubbing. all that's left is the bumpers, flat flares, rock rails, and tires. bumpers and rails i can rattle can back to black so that doesn't concern me to much, the tires and flares are my concern. i don't want to just rattle can the flares because i don't like painted plastic (can never get it all uniform color). any tips on paint removal from plastic and rubber? harsh chemicals may discolor the plastic and rot the rubber so want to be careful, thanks in advance

14JK-U

If it's a latex paint there is a product called krud cutter, that will soften it and let it release. It's safe on most surfaces, but would do a test spot first.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

thanks, i haven't heard of it before. is it a specialty product you can only get at paint stores or would local hardware (lowes, homedepot, etc..) carry it as well?

black pearl

Hooked
thanks, i haven't heard of it before. is it a specialty product you can only get at paint stores or would local hardware (lowes, homedepot, etc..) carry it as well?

My local hardware store carries it. I'm sure a paint center would have it as well.
I've used it quite a few times. Even on old paint. I was surprised how well it works being a green product.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
There is a product out there that are saturated wipes and they take care of road paint I can't remember the name, but I use to sell it at the automotive paint supply store I worked at years ago. Also, google is your friend.

Top Bottom