Hoist system for removing the top

wjtstudios

Hooked
I have not. I have the harken hoist and have been very happy with it. It’s is easy and controlled going up and down. There really is no need for a powered winch to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

I just put 4 eye hooks in the ceiling and used some tie downs I had laying around. Then I got a trek top and sold my hard top. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

cangro408

I just put 4 eye hooks in the ceiling and used some tie downs I had laying around. Then I got a trek top and sold my hard top. Problem solved.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

i was actually going to do the exact same thing in my garage after i lift my jk i won’t be able to put in on while in the garage but at least it can be stored out of the way , any tips on setting up the eye hook and tie downs. Where do you tie up the top and the eye hooks can go right into a beam right?

A.J.

i was actually going to do the exact same thing in my garage after i lift my jk i want be able to put in on in the garage but at least it can be stored out of the way any tips on setting up the eye hook and tie downs. The eye hooks can go right into a beam right?

Yep. I used 4 eye hooks and 4 tie downs. Two tie downs on each side hooked together. I would back the Jeep in, unbolt everything and leave the back window open. Run the tie downs through the door openings along the inside and back through the rear window opening on both sides. Push up on the top and pull the strap on the tie downs. A little awkward the first time but once you figure out the positioning it’s really simple and quick. As soon as it is off pull the Jeep out of the way and raise it up however need. I’d take some pictures for you but as I said once I got the trek top on i never used it again so I sold it.

Top Bottom