Rear D-ring mounts

Lane87

Just ordered the EVO rear d-ring mounts! I was wondering if anyone knows what years need the frame rails cut to sit flush? I'm not worried about cutting I just was curious of what to expect. Thanks!

matt1171

I know my 2008 did but I think it varies from JK to JK.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362083952.069800.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362083952.069800.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 510

biggy

Just ordered the EVO rear d-ring mounts! I was wondering if anyone knows what years need the frame rails cut to sit flush? I'm not worried about cutting I just was curious of what to expect. Thanks!

I dont think the year matters. Its just hit and miss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It's not a year specific trim. Just depends on if your lucky or if your jeep was built on a Friday afternoon or not.

Skid_Kid

My 13 does not sit flush. But in order to do it would have had to trim welds and I was not comfortable doing it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1362089113.653595.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Did you try to remove the sticker under yours? I can get mine off for anything.. I might just spray over it haha.

If you really want it off use a razor blade and then some Goof Off. You can find them both at your local w-mart or hardware store. Goof off works great in general for any types of sticker residue. Of course black spray paint will make a faster job of it. :twocents:

Lane87

i was planning on running these, but not sure if itll pass in pa

That's why I'm staying registered in Indiana. I don't think you'll have a problem here though, the rear "bumper" really is just a plastic bumper cover..

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
That's why I'm staying registered in Indiana. I don't think you'll have a problem here though, the rear "bumper" really is just a plastic bumper cover..

Yeah thats my thoughts as well with the rear bumper thing since the stock one is a joke, a few people have said they havnt had any issues but i worry about inspections more than anything. Itll be hard to tell anyway once I get my tire carrier.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah thats my thoughts as well with the rear bumper thing since the stock one is a joke, a few people have said they havnt had any issues but i worry about inspections more than anything. Itll be hard to tell anyway once I get my tire carrier.

Just put your stock back on to get it inspected. Its every 2 years in PA right?

Top Bottom