Control arms

Rookie1

Okay guy, I’m about to lift my 2013 JKU Rubicon 3.5in. With doing so I know I need to replace the Front Upper Control arms with adjustable arms. My question is do I need to replace the upper rear as well?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

Okay guy, I’m about to lift my 2013 JKU Rubicon 3.5in. With doing so I know I need to replace the Front Upper Control arms with adjustable arms. My question is do I need to replace the upper rear as well?

You’ll want to replace the front lowers. You don’t really need to do the rear uppers on a 4 door.

arahambone

Sequence Question

Sorry to resurrect this old thread.

I'm in the process of my lift build and I wanted to doublecheck.

If I'm not changing all the control arms, start with the Front LCA's, then what's the next best after that? Rear Uppers?

Thanks!

fiend

Caught the Bug
Sorry to resurrect this old thread.

I'm in the process of my lift build and I wanted to doublecheck.

If I'm not changing all the control arms, start with the Front LCA's, then what's the next best after that? Rear Uppers?

Thanks!

The purpose of adjustable rear arms is to enable you to rotate the pinion up so its more in line with your drive shaft. This helps avoid driveline vibrations. If you are still running the stock driveshaft, this is less of an issue. If you have an aftermarket shaft with u joints, then the adjustable arms will be a good idea. Of course, all of this assumes you have a lift that’s 3” or taller. If you do not, then the stock arms should be fine.

Last edited:

arahambone

Got it

The purpose of adjustable rear arms is to enable you to rotate the pinion up so its more in line with your drive shaft. This helps avoid driveline vibrations. If you are still running the stock driveshaft, this is less of an issue. If you have an aftermarket shaft with u joints, then the adjustable arms will be a good idea. Of course, all of this assumes you have a lift that’s 3” or taller. If you do not, then the stock arms should be fine.

2" inch lift, I'm not replacing drive shafts at this time. Trying to get a high quality lift and fit my 285s nicely without a bunch more complications.

Thanks!

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
2" inch lift, I'm not replacing drive shafts at this time. Trying to get a high quality lift and fit my 285s nicely without a bunch more complications.

Thanks!

You can run 285s stock if you aren’t going to flex it. If you are, all you would need is flat fenders and/or wheel spacers.

catahoula

Caught the Bug

Thanks!
You can get EVO 2" coils in front and pucks in the rear. I got some nice flex with my 2 door....running 295/70/17's.

arahambone

For fun

You can run 285s stock if you aren’t going to flex it. If you are, all you would need is flat fenders and/or wheel spacers.

Let's say that I just felt like spending more money, would geometry brackets (ie AEV or Rancho) be a better solution for the front as compared to front lower adjustable arms?

Top Bottom