Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Control arms

Control arms

Okay guy, I’m about to lift my 2013 JKU Rubicon 3.5in. With doing so I know I need to replace the Front Upper Control arms with adjustable arms. My question is do I need to replace the upper rear as well?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie1 View Post
    Okay guy, I’m about to lift my 2013 JKU Rubicon 3.5in. With doing so I know I need to replace the Front Upper Control arms with adjustable arms. My question is do I need to replace the upper rear as well?

You’ll want to replace the front lowers. You don’t really need to do the rear uppers on a 4 door.

Yeah I just talked to another guy and he had corrected me on the front lowers not the uppers.

Fresh Catch

Sequence Question

Sorry to resurrect this old thread.

I'm in the process of my lift build and I wanted to doublecheck.

If I'm not changing all the control arms, start with the Front LCA's, then what's the next best after that? Rear Uppers?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by arahambone View Post

If I'm not changing all the control arms, start with the Front LCA's, then what's the next best after that? Rear Uppers?

Thanks!
    Rear uppers would be the next best

Control arms

Thanks!
    The purpose of adjustable rear arms is to enable you to rotate the pinion up so its more in line with your drive shaft. This helps avoid driveline vibrations. If you are still running the stock driveshaft, this is less of an issue. If you have an aftermarket shaft with u joints, then the adjustable arms will be a good idea. Of course, all of this assumes you have a lift that’s 3” or taller. If you do not, then the stock arms should be fine.

Last edited by fiend; 01-10-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Fresh Catch

Got it

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    The purpose of adjustable rear arms is to enable you to rotate the pinion up so its more in line with your drive shaft. This helps avoid driveline vibrations. If you are still running the stock driveshaft, this is less of an issue. If you have an aftermarket shaft with u joints, then the adjustable arms will be a good idea. Of course, all of this assumes you have a lift that’s 3” or taller. If you do not, then the stock arms should be fine.

2" inch lift, I'm not replacing drive shafts at this time. Trying to get a high quality lift and fit my 285s nicely without a bunch more complications.

Thanks!

2" inch lift, I'm not replacing drive shafts at this time. Trying to get a high quality lift and fit my 285s nicely without a bunch more complications.

Thanks!
    You can run 285s stock if you aren’t going to flex it. If you are, all you would need is flat fenders and/or wheel spacers.

Thanks!
    You can get EVO 2" coils in front and pucks in the rear. I got some nice flex with my 2 door....running 295/70/17's.
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Fresh Catch

For fun

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Nick View Post
    You can run 285s stock if you aren’t going to flex it. If you are, all you would need is flat fenders and/or wheel spacers.
    Let's say that I just felt like spending more money, would geometry brackets (ie AEV or Rancho) be a better solution for the front as compared to front lower adjustable arms?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast