Going to 35s and need help!

cangro408

Hey guys so I’m planning on putting 35s on my jk i recently bought last august. Its the Rubicon Express 2.5” lift kit it comes with coil springs, mono tube shocks bumps stops, extended sway bar connects, brake line extension bracket, and rear track bar bracket. So I just wanted to start a thread on any questions regarding what is truly needed for going to 35” tires as well as any experiences with 35” tires. I wanted to know if my Jk already had a 3.73 diff. gear set if i really need to go to a 4.10 or if i might not even notice much difference. I also wanted to know if anyone has had any good reviews from there tires they use. I wasn’t sure what to get but I like what I’ve read from the BFGoodrich KO2’s as well as the Nitto Trail Grapplers however i saw a picture of the Nitto Mud Grapplers and those things look seriously aggressive I like the look they have. If anyone has any suggestions for Suspension upgrades or parts upgrades regarding going to 35s I would really appreciate it. Thanks in Advance

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
You will need wheel spacers or different wheels with less backspacing.

Going from 3.73 to 4.10s would likely not even be noticeable. Get your tires on first, drive it and see if you want to regear or not. If you do, you'll likely want at least 4.56 according to members here who have run 35s.

As far as tire choice, you need to decide if you want an allterrain or mudterrain. If you daily drive it in snowy conditions, an all terrain will perform better. Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs are a bad ass tire. For a mud terrain, the Cooper stt pros are awesome.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I have a 16 rubicon 2 door on 35s and for every day driving the 410s are great cruise long down the Interstate at 75 pretty comfortably also I can average still in the upper teens for driving miles per gallon in. I also have the BFG a TKO two’s on this and to 35 so I’m really happy with the set up

I’ve been running 35s and 3.73 for 3 years and you will be fine if you decide to go this way until you can afford to regear but I would highly recommend you get a Procal or other programmer to mod the Speedo and more importantly the shift points in the transmission. It made a big difference to me. Real easy to do.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

duktrx

I've been running 35s on 3.73 for 6 months, with a manual. I'm fine with the way it is, saving money to upgrade the entire axle, not just the gears.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

robx251

Caught the Bug
I also wanted to mention that mine is a standard. I think that would make a big difference as to what gears to run. Also I have the 3.6, when I had my 2010 with the 3.8 I needed a set of 4.88 to make it drivable. I had to downshift going up long moderate inclines on the interstate even after the re gear. With my 3.6 I can maintain the speed on same incline with out downshifting

My tj is on 35s now. 3.07 gears. I dealt with the 307 with 33” tires but now I’m annoyed and slow, it’s driveable on the street but I burn the shit out of the clutch trying to get up an obstacle. Will be 4.56 soon.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My tj is on 35s now. 3.07 gears. I dealt with the 307 with 33” tires but now I’m annoyed and slow, it’s driveable on the street but I burn the shit out of the clutch trying to get up an obstacle. Will be 4.56 soon.

I don’t know what this has to do with anything that is talked about on this thread. Here is a cookie. [emoji514]

CarolinaJK

Going from 3.73 to 4.10s would likely not even be noticeable. Get your tires on first, drive it and see if you want to regear or not. If you do, you'll likely want at least 4.56 according to members here who have run 35s.

As far as tire choice, you need to decide if you want an allterrain or mudterrain. If you daily drive it in snowy conditions, an all terrain will perform better. Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs are a bad ass tire. For a mud terrain, the Cooper stt pros are awesome.

Agree completely here. I also have the Mud Grapplers and love them for what they are. However, I do think there are better tires out there for cheaper. (Cooper Stt)

cangro408

After reading all these posts i’m gonna stick with the 3.73 since it’s really not a big deal and yea i’m don’t think i’m gonna need the spacers cuz i’m also getting new wheels with at like 4.75” backspacing i want to get something with at least a -10 offset and as for tires i’ll check out cooper sst pros and the durattacs i may or may not get all terrain i probably off-road 1 or 2 times a year but otherwise daily drive it but i just love the aggressive tire look btw the wheels i was looking at were methods not sure if there good or bad

jorgelrod

Hooked
I've been running 35's on 4.56 with an auto for close to two years now, it is very very good, but 4.88 is better. If you run OEM wheels 1.5" spacers is a must. I love my Aturo MT but they are noise af, if you will dd and occasionally wheel, Nitto Ridge Grapplers might be a great choice.

feederic

I have had 3.73 gears and 35s for almost a year now. Originally I thought I would go crazy and would regear immediately. Even with the big rolling SoCal hills, I don't feel the need to regear. My tires are Nitto Ridge Grapplers - I'm really happy with them on and off road.

Top Bottom