Hot Rods & Old Classics - Lets See Em...

TrailHunter

Hooked
I thought it would be cool to see some old school projects you all are working on.... If you’re Wrenchin on Jeeps, I’m sure there is a love for Classic Steel...

This is my 65 Chevy C10 that in 3 weeks, I will be taking on a 4 day, 1500 mile Cruise through Arizona and back.

IMG_6920.jpg

IMG_6931.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
Awesome thread!! I've got a few I'm working on, one of them is my 65'. It's going under the knife and I'm making it a automatic again, and possibly bag it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bitchin! .... Bagging mine was the best thing I ever did.. you'll love it.... I still need to notch the rear, raise up the exhaust and I can get another 3 inches down in the back. Hoping to pull the bed and git er done this summer.

black pearl

Hooked
Bitchin! .... Bagging mine was the best thing I ever did.. you'll love it.... I still need to notch the rear, raise up the exhaust and I can get another 3 inches down in the back. Hoping to pull the bed and git er done this summer.

Awesome! I'm going to leave mine a flatbed with 35" rear tires and cut holes in the bed for the drop. It might look horrible but I'm hoping that it'll look good.

black pearl

Hooked
My projects are sitting out as I rebuild a 72 bronco for a buddy.
Here's my 57 wagon waiting for me to drop the motor into it. IMG_2004.jpg and my truck sitting to be finished back up. IMG_2005.jpg I have a few others but not sure what I'm doing with them yet. 72 240z, 66olds holiday hardtop, 74 nova spirit of America edition, 51 chevy half ton step side and a 77 vaga GT.

I have always had an early Ford of some form in the works. It’s a disease. Trade up, trade down, buy, sell, follow up on leads, early morning swap meets. I was about 12 when my dad bought us a project to work on a ‘56 F-100 and since then these dumb old cars have consumed my life. lol

At the moment I’m down to only 4 Fords.
I’ve had this ‘31 Tudor for 15 years. It’s been built, stripped and rebuilt 3 times but never really finished. lol
IMG_0777.JPG .
IMG_1726.JPG .

My most recent project. Picked this ‘67 Galaxie up about two years ago and about ready to paint it to put on the chopping block.
IMG_5746.JPG .
Photoshop what is planned.
IMG_3552.JPG .
Almost there. Rebuilt the 390 and transmission, new top, front suspension rebuilt. Just ran out of steam and $$ for body and paint. Hopefully in a few months it’ll get done.

This is what happens when you hoard parts and realize you can have a complete running car with all the crap you accumulated for a different project. This thing is fun.
‘30 Ford hack job
IMG_6143.JPG .

And of course. Last but not least. I’ve had this truck a little while now. Up until recently it was my daily driver. Nothing like actually using your old junk as intended.
‘40 Ford
IMG_5364.JPG .
IMG_0008.JPG .

Here’s one I sold to of course buy something else. ‘55 F-100 (‘54 grill)
IMG_0776.JPG .

The problem is. The first one, the 56 that had all the sentimental value and memories was sold and since then Ive been chasing the same connection. Few years ago I had tracked it down and offered to buy it back. Still waiting for that phone call....

Cool thread!!!

TrailHunter

Hooked
I have always had an early Ford of some form in the works. It’s a disease. Trade up, trade down, buy, sell, follow up on leads, early morning swap meets. I was about 12 when my dad bought us a project to work on a ‘56 F-100 and since then these dumb old cars have consumed my life. lol

That is some great stuff!!!! I really hope you get the 56 back!!... My greatest memories with my Dad are building his 56 F-100.... It started when I was about 8 years old I think.... He ended up buying 2, to get the Big Window... The second became my first ride when I turned 16... all stock, 3 on the tree. That one was sold, but the Big Window will stay in the family Forever. It is one bad ass Truck now. He also currently has 2 - 31 Tudor Rat Rods, one was bought for reference, while the other is being built from scratch.... The Hemi motor should be going together within the year and the frame is being mocked up right now.... Love your rides! That 40 is bad ass and super cool you used it as a daily. My dream car is a 5 window much like your 30.... I really hope to build one in the future.... Jeeping is my New forever Passion and Hot Rods will always be in the Blood. :thumb:

Here is a pic of us a couple weeks ago, at a local swap meet & car show...

swap.jpg

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Sweet thread! I have a couple of on going projects.

1971 F250 with a 460. I’ve had this for the last 13 years. IMG_4413.jpg

1952 Willys Truck that I just bought last week. IMG_5406.jpg

1926 Chevrolet Superior. Don’t have a better picture because it’s covered with junk. Hopefully I can get to it this summer. IMG_4979.jpg

RocknJK

About a year ago I got a 1968 Chevy pickup fleet side 4x4. I it’s believe is called a K10 (please correct me if I’m wrong). I got it from my father-n-law when he became to ill to work on it and was going to sell it. I couldn’t stand to see it go. It needs a new motor and I’m thinking ls swap maybe... Possibly just rebuild the 350 that was in it. I love old cars my first car in 1996 was a 1966 Ford Mustang with a 289. IMG_3291.jpg

aemfinger

Here's my '49 gmc 100. My grandfather and I have worked on it off and on for the last 10 years. I have some 3 inch white walls that still need to be installed and a shit ton of other stuff to do too.

Attachments

• wilma2 (1).jpg
    wilma2 (1).jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 185
  • wilma3.jpg
    wilma3.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 197
  • wilma5.jpg
    wilma5.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 198

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Great thread. While it's probably A bit young for this thread here is my other project. Was given this 77 by the original owner, my father-in-law after it served a hard life and died on the ranch. After 10 years of sitting in the field and becoming a home to many small animals I brought it home and built her a new engine. Body work has to be the most painstaking process I have ever encountered, so I have started and stopped working on her several times to get her this far. IMG_1883.jpg IMG_1884.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Been learning body work on my sisters 1962 Chevy Stepside.
chevyFrontBefore.jpg
chevyRearBefore.jpg
chevyBedBefore.jpg
The panels were way worse than she thought when she got it.
chevyShit.jpg
chevyDoubleShit.jpg
chevyDoor.jpg
Cool to see some guys on here working on similar stuff!

Ddays

Hooked
Here's my 71 Javelin from back in the day. Ported & Polished heads, Crane Fireball cam, Holley Double Pumper carb, the works. Went like stink. Really loved this car at the time but wouldn't want it back! Drum brakes IN THE FRONT, pump the lever by hand windshield washers, and vacuum windshield wipers :crazyeyes:, . If you've never experienced vacuum operated wipers in a rainstorm, well brother you ain't lived yet :eek: Ugh. This thing had deletes, not options! Still, it was cool as hell because no one else but my buddy and I had them. Toned down the paint once I got married & ended up trading it for a 72 Hornet.

BLACK JAVELIN.jpg

JAVELIN TOP.jpg

WHITE JAVELIN.jpg

The Javelin was preceded by this 77 F150 with a 4" lift and 35" Groung Hawgs. Talk about loud tires! And my first ever experience with death wobble was in this doing about 65mph. I still swear I saw Jesus that day. Looking back I can't believe I didn't kill myself installing the lift in a gravel driveway with one floor jack and a bunch of railroad tie pieces. Holy shit, if I saw one of my kids doing what I did that day I'd have heart failure on the spot.

TRUCK.jpg

Top Bottom