VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - 2.5" EVO Stage 4 JL Wrangler Lift Kit INSTALLATION

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The easiest way to get your Jeep JL Wrangler running on a set of 35" tires or 37" tires on a Rubicon, is to install a small 2.5" lift much like the kind that EVO Manufacturing makes. In addition to coming with 2.5" coil spacers, the EVO Stage 4 Boost Kit also comes with bump stop extensions, shock relocation brackets, a new pair of rear sway bar links and front brake line extension brackets. Depending on what your needs are, optional overland control arm drop brackets are available, as are replacement heavy duty adjustable control arms for those of you who intend to run taller lift coils and/or shocks in the future. In this 'HOW TO' episode of the JL JOURNAL, we'll show you just how easy it is to install the EVO lift, with a set of their adjustable control arms and with just a basic set of tools. Of course, the instructions in this video could easily help you install any lift of this size and/or type, including ones made by Mopar, Rubicon Express, Rough Country and the like. We hope you enjoy the video and find the information in it to be useful.

To see a more thorough, written version of this write-up complete with tons of detailed photos and torque specs, simply click on the link below:
WRITE-UP : JL WRANGLER 2.5" EVO Stage 4 Boost Lift & Control Arms INSTALLATION

Please let me know if you have any questions. :cool:

TrailHunter

Hooked
I enjoyed that way too much for not having a JL..... It almost seemed like you had done that once before.. :hmm: (sorry) haha. It may just be the camera angle, but it sure did look like the bolt for the front shock extension was really close to the LCA joint.... Cool Video! Jeep Looks Amazing! (Wish there was a kit like that for the JK that would fit 37's :bummed: )

RockingK

Omg

Well done guys! Another great video and another big thank you for doing this:thumb:

I must say, the stance turned out perfect 👌

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice video as usual , won't have any JL soon but very instructive, thanks to take the time to do all this.

Thank you. Hopefully this will be helpful for once you do have a JL.:yup:

Nice details on how to install the lift, now just get it aligned.

No need to get an alignment. Due to it's design, there is no change in the toe setting. There are no adjustable track bars available as of yet and so axle shift cannot be corrected. Being that the JL has solid axles, there is no camber to address. I do have adjustable control arms but I can set my own caster and so all that's left is re-centering the steering wheel and I took care of that too. :yup:

I enjoyed that way too much for not having a JL..... It almost seemed like you had done that once before.. :hmm: (sorry) haha. It may just be the camera angle, but it sure did look like the bolt for the front shock extension was really close to the LCA joint.... Cool Video! Jeep Looks Amazing! (Wish there was a kit like that for the JK that would fit 37's :bummed: )

:cheesy: Ouch! Yeah, you could say that I had some practice :crazyeyes:
Regarding the shock bolt, it's close but it clears just fine. :yup:

that looked too easy! :thumb:

camera angle made Jet look the same height as Moby.

Moby does have a low stance and the JL does have a way of looking big. :crazyeyes:

Well done guys! Another great video and another big thank you for doing this:thumb:

I must say, the stance turned out perfect 👌

Thanks! We really like the stance too :)

Bald1man

Thanks for the video, it's a great help. I've created a folder with all your step-by-step modifications to the JL.
When mine arrives I probably will copy-cat your build, I hope you don't mind. I appreciate the time it takes to
do these videos. :clap2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow crazy how it feels like we were just dissecting spy shots of the jl and now we have an install video for jet li. Looks fantastic. [emoji482]

LOL!! Crazy how fast things are moving with the JL :crazyeyes:

Great video! It’s awesome you take the time to make these videos!

We love what we do and are glad that we can help others like yourself out in this way :yup:

Thanks for the video, it's a great help. I've created a folder with all your step-by-step modifications to the JL.
When mine arrives I probably will copy-cat your build, I hope you don't mind. I appreciate the time it takes to
do these videos. :clap2:

LOL!! The whole point of us doing this is to help others out. Hopefully, the choices we've been making have been good ones. :crazyeyes:

jfig

So in order to run 37s, what all else do you need to install? Thinking along the lines of higher gears, beefing up the axles, sway bar, brake lines, etc? Would like to eventually do a 3-4" coil spring lift

MTG

Caught the Bug
Damn, I read through the whole write-up in the other thread only to realize that there was a video. :doh:

Great job on both! I bet these will be used by a lot of people in the next few months/years.

Top Bottom