Engine Oil

Yeti83

Yes another oil Thread. What’s the best synthetic to use. I’ve always ran Pennzoil. Can’t see myself paying the dealership anymore. No offense to them but I can spill oil myself on my rig for $70. Have not yet seen one that could perform the oil change without making a mess. No harm intended. I do know some people actually care.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sparks

Just changed mine today

mobile 1 with filter < $50 at Wally World. They were out of the regular oil filters so I had to get the extra guard or whatever it’s called.
Mobile 1 full synthetic extended range said “guaranteed 15k Miles” even though I’ll drop it around 6 or 7.

jesse3638

Hooked
If there is a Costco near you. I get Mobile1 on sale for $27 for 6 qts. Mopar filter for $12 at the dealer. Couple beers while the oil is draining. Very easy to do.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Whatever full synthetic that is on sale that meets the chrysler oil spec. I got 5 quarts of valvoline full synthetic at wal-mart for about $22. Then got bent over buying the 6th quart for $7. Bonus, they sell the OEM mopar oil filters. Score!

According to the owner's manual: SAE 5W-20 engine oil approved to Chrysler Material Standard MS-6395

Valvoline meets it. Mobil 1 does not. Don't care how or why, but I'm not running it if doesn't have the spec printed on the bottle.

12-mile

I’m running the valvoline high mileage semi-synthetic.
I buy 2 of the 5 quart jugs and a filter at Wal-Mart also. I keep the extra to add inbetween oil changes.
I have 138K on my 2011
JK and its starting to use quite a bit of extra during the inbetween times

Yes another oil Thread. What’s the best synthetic to use. I’ve always ran Pennzoil. Can’t see myself paying the dealership anymore. No offense to them but I can spill oil myself on my rig for $70. Have not yet seen one that could perform the oil change without making a mess. No harm intended. I do know some people actually care.

Royal purple i run it all of my cars and my rig, i also run the gear oil as-well it's a GL-5 and i noticed when running royal purple, less temperature and smoother running engine.

J

JKDream

Whatever full synthetic that is on sale that meets the chrysler oil spec.

This. It's all the same shit at the end of the day.
More important thing is that you change it frequently.

jesse3638

Hooked
Whatever full synthetic that is on sale that meets the chrysler oil spec. I got 5 quarts of valvoline full synthetic at wal-mart for about $22. Then got bent over buying the 6th quart for $7. Bonus, they sell the OEM mopar oil filters. Score!

According to the owner's manual: SAE 5W-20 engine oil approved to Chrysler Material Standard MS-6395

Valvoline meets it. Mobil 1 does not. Don't care how or why, but I'm not running it if doesn't have the spec printed on the bottle.

Did not know Wal-Mart sold those filters. I'll look into mine to see if they do. Prob a few bucks cheaper.

Last edited:

thombull

Yes, Walmart sells Mopar filters for $6.98 or around that.... can't remember exactly, I also buy Mobile 1 full synthetic high mileage 5-20 when on sale for $22.98 for five quart bottle.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Yes, Walmart sells Mopar filters for $6.98 or around that.... can't remember exactly, I also buy Mobile 1 full synthetic high mileage 5-20 when on sale for $22.98 for five quart bottle.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app
That's damn near half what the dealer sells them for. Thanks for the info. I always wait until the oil at Costco goes on sale. I'll grab a case if I don't already have one.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gbint

Buy most of my Dexos rated synthetic oil, usually Pennzoil from Wally world. As well as the filter. Yes, about half of what the dealership wants, but so is everything else.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
FWIW the dealer recommends penzoil cause it meeets all the spec that the mopar oil covers. I ran Mobil 1 for years but recently switch to penzoil

Top Bottom