Front Turn Signal Wiring

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This may be a dumb question but I can’t figure it out.

Factory front turn signal wiring has a black wire, white/pink and I think white/blue.

I ordered some molar factory replacements since I broke mine and this is what they sent.

Image1521513723.086536.jpg

White, white/yellow, blue and blue/yellow (three of each)

Only three slots here

Image1521513791.714639.jpg

Any idea which goes where and why the extra wires?

For future reference if anyone finds this thread, this is the part number of the replacement kit

Image1521513855.303420.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
This might be a dumb question.... did you cut the old harness? So can’t you just disregard the new wire colors and match the factory colors into the new plug?

TrailHunter

Hooked
I just looked at mine.... same thing:

Passenger = Top - Pink/white
Middle - Blue/white
Bottom - Black

Driver = Top - Black
Middle - Green/white
Bottom - purple/white

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This might be a dumb question.... did you cut the old harness? So can’t you just disregard the new wire colors and match the factory colors into the new plug?

Did I cut it? Short answer, no. Lol

It was ripped off somewhere on Pritchett in Moab a couple years ago. Lol I’ll probably just wing it tomorrow night and rest each wire. I have a small chance of getting it correct.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Did I cut it? Short answer, no. Lol

It was ripped off somewhere on Pritchett in Moab a couple years ago. Lol I’ll probably just wing it tomorrow night and rest each wire. I have a small chance of getting it correct.

Haha... whats weird is when you type that number 68065016AB into "mopar part overstock" it comes up as a 2002 dodge 1500 part.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug

Middle - Blue/white
Bottom - Black

Driver = Top - Black
Middle - Green/white
Bottom - purple/white

If the wires are loose and have all the colors above. The kit is probably universal for pas and driver side. So if it’s pass side. Use the pass side colors and vise versa for driver.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
It’s also possible the connector also has a use somewhere else on the vehicle. For example, the black connectors under the front seats are the same as the brake lamp connectors and call for the same repair kit. So it could include multiple color combos for multiple applications.

Last edited:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug

Middle - Blue/white
Bottom - Black

Driver = Top - Black
Middle - Green/white
Bottom - purple/white

If the wires are loose and have all the colors above. The kit is probably universal for pas and driver side. So if it’s pass side. Use the pass side colors and vise versa for driver.

smittycm

That part number appears to be the correct repair kit. Used in several years Wrangler. Check out the following link...

http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

Looked up the Lamp, front turn signal, for multiple years Wrangler 12+. Lists the same repair kit that matches the part number you posted for both front left and right.

Edit: I should add, this link is a pretty cool find. Can look up wire colors at all connections. May save some folks from poking around with a test light or multimeter to find the wire they're looking for. May be the next best thing to an actual wiring diagram.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Did you ever figure this out? I took a picture of the wiring harness for the left front turn signal, a 2013 JK (while replacing the radiator this weekend) I’m not sure it will help since you said the connector didn’t even match the bulb. I also keep coming up with the same kit you posted in the OP. The only other kit I could think of was the side marker (2 terminals) but no repair kit part number came up.

Mopar Connectors

The wires on mine are white/grey stripe, white/green stripe and black.

50C19970-92C8-43BA-8FF6-C226E043653B.jpg

1702987F-E645-49CF-A9F3-BDAF6C8E26EF.jpg

Top Bottom