Quick trip to the local mall

I had a few hours to kill earlier this afternoon and decided it would be a good day to shake out the new Fox 2.0 performance series adjustable shocks. Sorry there aren’t many pictures. It was an impromptu trip and didn’t want to get too crazy being that I was alone.

I will be going back soon and look forward to sharing more with all of you.

Airing down a bit to play in the rocks. I’m lucky to live within about 45 minutes of some great trails.

IMG_0804.jpg
Let the fun begin. This trail snakes it way through a wash that was left behind years ago during the old mining days

IMG_0805.jpg
Looking back down a short section of trail that takes you up on top of some old mine tailings.
IMG_0806.jpg
IMG_0808.jpg
There is a whole network of old mines through the area and many have been covered up by these grates. I tried like hell, but on one of them lies an old Jeep J10 truck nose down. Maybe next time I can find it.
IMG_0807.jpg
We call this optional obstacle “Wayne’s world” not entirely sure why. On a day where it’s bone dry, most moderately built jeeps can get up. Today there was just enough mud at its base to make it a challenge, even with lockers and 37’s.
Oh so tempting but, being I was alone, I decided to save it for another day.
IMG_0810.jpg
IMG_0811.jpg
Just past “Wayne’s world” the entrance to the third in a string of trails starts here. Constrictor as we’ve come to call it, gets narrow and rocky and certainly lived up to its name. Super short, and honestly, it doesn’t quite live up to its rating of a “5” but it does get your attention near the end.
IMG_0812.jpg
I didn’t get much footage going up, but I did manage to find some pictures from the last trip of us coming down. The drop here is pretty big, albeit not as big as some in Moab or SoCal
IMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0343.JPG
And of course a good poser shot. Again, from a trip we took about a month ago.
IMG_0333.jpg
Back down below, we took a little side road up on top of some mine tailings and in between a couple of mine shafts that were Deeeeeep
IMG_0816.jpg
IMG_0815.jpg
IMG_0817.jpg
Although they were capped of only about 20 years ago, the mines themselves date back before Utah had even become a state back in the late 1800’s.

Thanks for letting me share this short adventure with all of you. There will be a follow up trip to this trail very soon and I hope to include some more pictures and a video or two.

Thanks for posting this up. Looks like a fun time. So what was your take on the shocks and what were you running before?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So far I’m really happy with the Fox. They are firm but not harsh. A bit more travel than the teraflex VSS I had before. I blew out the left front on an obstacle in Moab and that led me to the upgrade. Wish I would have done it sooner. These aren’t the teraflex Spec’d fox shocks, but rather directly from fox and I’m glad I went with that choice.

thanks for sharing with us, Hopefully next time you can find the jeep and post up a picture

I’m not so sure that one of the shafts didn’t have it in there, I didn’t feel super awesome about walking out over the grates to get a good idea but I will look again when I go up. I do have to correct my last post in that it’s not actually a J10 but rather an old Willy’s truck. I found an article on one of the local jeep clubs here and will try and get more info. Pretty interesting story.

BlacknRedJK

I’m not so sure that one of the shafts didn’t have it in there, I didn’t feel super awesome about walking out over the grates to get a good idea but I will look again when I go up. I do have to correct my last post in that it’s not actually a J10 but rather an old Willy’s truck. I found an article on one of the local jeep clubs here and will try and get more info. Pretty interesting story.

Good ol five mile pass. We will have to plan a run out there this summer. The mine shaft with the truck in it is 500 yds NE of the big tailing pile that everyone likes to play on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Looks like a great place to wheel and a beautiful area too. Thanks for sharing your adventure. Jeep looks badass

Thanks for letting me share it with you. I’m planning to spend quite a bit of time up there this year so more trip reports are coming. If any of you are ever in the area I’m always happy to lead a group out for a day.

Top Bottom