Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Decided to try Cooper STT on KMC Machete

Knows a Thing or Two Zstairlessone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mauijim View Post
    Looks awesome!!! When I mounted my STT’s I had the same problem keeping the bead on as I was going around rim. So I used big washers to hold the bead down as I worked my way around. Just hand tight and worked great.Attachment 297257

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Watch Eddies video with Jet Li getting beadlocks, he used clamps to compress the tire - brilliant!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Zstairlessone View Post
    Watch Eddies video with Jet Li getting beadlocks, he used clamps to compress the tire - brilliant!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yes I have watched it and it is a brilliant way. But I mounted mine back in December and had never mounted beadlocks before and used what I had laying around. The washers did work great though

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    I actually just finished mounting all of mine with STT pros, I did use Eddies clamp idea and it worked out but I messed up on my first two and the screwdriver slipped and left a small gouge in the wheel hopefully it's not bad enough it will cause a leak. Did you have any issues with some of the nut inserts threading down with the Allen? it only happened on 2 of them with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
    I actually just finished mounting all of mine with STT pros, I did use Eddies clamp idea and it worked out but I messed up on my first two and the screwdriver slipped and left a small gouge in the wheel hopefully it's not bad enough it will cause a leak. Did you have any issues with some of the nut inserts threading down with the Allen? it only happened on 2 of them with mine.
    I had several inserts on all wheels that threaded down, used a drop of red Loctite to hold them in proper position.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123