Engine swap, ATK or Golen engine?

J06Pwrangler

I poster in here a while back, and am looking in to a stroker engine (most likely). Just a little extra HP and TQ to my jeep. Just wondering if anyone has done a ATK or Golen 4.6L swap before?

ATK has a 2 year warranty, and comes as a long block. Core return. So id have to strip my 4.0L down, swap some parts, and send my blown block back. $3500

Golen has a 3 year warranty, no core return, but also comes as a long block. Or, additionally, i can have it dressed up, and dyno done by them. There base engine is around $4500 and the dressed up and dyno version is closer to $6500.

By dressed up, i mean i can drop the engine in, with oil pan, head cover, timing cover, some pulleys on the front, and the engine is already broken in.

So one is almost twice as much, but half the headache it seems like.

Otherwise.... i may go a completely different route and look at a 1.9L TDI. Just because it would be a fun swap! Lol. But i dont have enough research in to that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
You might want to check with ATK and see if they will take your blown motor as a core exchange. Pretty sure I read they wanted the core to turn over.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

J06Pwrangler

Lmao, yes you are correct Coty built, and gas to diesel conversion offer parts to make the swap happen. It seems pretty bad ass. It would just be a lot of money for a full kit, or a lot of work making it happen from scratch. Lol.

Oreo_penguin536

Lmao, yes you are correct Coty built, and gas to diesel conversion offer parts to make the swap happen. It seems pretty bad ass. It would just be a lot of money for a full kit, or a lot of work making it happen from scratch. Lol.

That’s why they invented plastic money... we go for smiles per gallon. We don’t drive Prius’s [emoji23]

J06Pwrangler

Lol... thats a lot of plastic money. I emailed Coty built about the TDI swap. They said $12k for there full kit. I may buy parts and see if i can do some on my own. Or just work a lot of overtime at work to get it. Lol.

The R2.8L cummins is worse. I emailed axis industries. Its like $9k for the engine alone, then about $8500 for all there accessories.

wjtstudios

Hooked
If you looking in the $6500 class, a crate 350 is not to far off that. Novak and advanced adapters make adapters to tie back in to you trans and change the motor mounts that will do anyway. Adds a lot more power and one of the most reliable power plants out there.

Top Bottom