Do i need aftermarket lug nuts with ATX slabs

TheGrendel

I'm getting ready to transfer my tires over to my Slabs. do i need aftermarket lug nuts or will the factory ones work?

TIA

Ddays

Hooked
I used an aftermarket anti-theft splined style. Those factory ones suck - especially when the stupid ass chrome covers come off. I ordered off of Amazon.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm getting ready to transfer my tires over to my Slabs. do i need aftermarket lug nuts or will the factory ones work?

TIA

You dont NEED aftermarket lug nuts, but the bores in the slabs are a bit tight for a 19mm, I swapped over to spline gorillas after about.... 3? rotations... :yup: I was just fed up with making it so hard on myself for no reason. :twocents:

TheGrendel

You dont NEED aftermarket lug nuts, but the bores in the slabs are a bit tight for a 19mm, I swapped over to spline gorillas after about.... 3? rotations... :yup: I was just fed up with making it so hard on myself for no reason. :twocents:

gotcha. :drunkbuds:

jeeeep

Hooked
as others said, Gorilla splined, solid, unlike the factory with the cover on them. Had a couple spin the cover off and PIA to get hold of the cover when it's on.

Take them to Discount tire, worth the few bucks they charge to get the tires off and dispose of them if you're going to toss them

NAPA has RUGlyde, works well to slick the bead up, also SImple Green full strength

TheGrendel

as others said, Gorilla splined, solid, unlike the factory with the cover on them. Had a couple spin the cover off and PIA to get hold of the cover when it's on.

Take them to Discount tire, worth the few bucks they charge to get the tires off and dispose of them if you're going to toss them

NAPA has RUGlyde, works well to slick the bead up, also SImple Green full strength

Think I’m going to just haul them over to DT in the truck. Have them pull the tires off. Eff this noise. Lol.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
To get the tire off the wheel? He said he already broke the bead. Works great for that though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

oh, I missed it. :idontknow: ... Prybar and some patience... but ultimately, once you push the inner bead past the lip, it shouldn't be to hard to get the rim out of the tire. Atleast with slabs, I've done it and for me, the hardest part was breaking the inner bead WITHOUT a farm jack... :crazyeyes:

IF the tire is on a non beadlock rim, just swing by a DT, and ask them to unmount it. Its not worth the trouble.

Last edited:

TheGrendel

oh, I missed it. :idontknow: ... Prybar and some patience... but ultimately, once you push the inner bead past the lip, it shouldn't be to hard to get the rim out of the tire. Atleast with slabs, I've done it and for me, the hardest part was breaking the inner bead WITHOUT a farm jack... :crazyeyes:

IF the tire is on a non beadlock rim, just swing by a DT, and ask them to unmount it. Its not worth the trouble.

that's the issue. the current wheels are nonbeadlock. already decided to let DT pull them off for me. then i'll do the round and round game in front of the tv this weekend.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
that's the issue. the current wheels are nonbeadlock. already decided to let DT pull them off for me. then i'll do the round and round game in front of the tv this weekend.

Power tools for the win if you have them! :crazyeyes: :cheesy:

Top Bottom