Hi, from a very distant South Africa.

TonyP

Good day to all the avid Jeep drivers on this forum.
I drive a 2011 JK Rubicon, this is my first Jeep and I'm really enjoying it.
My previous 4x4 vehicles were 4 or 5 Land Rover Defender 110's and a gas guzzling Nissan Patrol.
As mentioned in the thread title, I hail from South Africa where I am involved in Rhino conservation. I am a trustee of a Rhino orphanage and rehabilitation center where we rescue baby rhino's who's mothers have been poached, rehabilitate them and when they're old enough, place them in "family groups" and return them to the wild.
I will spend the next little while quietly looking around the forum, and hopefully be able to contribute to the forum down the road.

Welcome to WAL. Would love to see pics of your Defenders if you can!

My wife just got back from South Africa working at a medical clinic through her residency program here in Houston. She loved it. Here are some pics of the safari she went on.

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TonyP

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Yup, my job is a great one as I'm able to spend my days outdoors. It is very rewarding but can also be heart breaking on the odd occasion.
Nice pics of your wife's visit to SA Mike, you'll have to join her next time.
Here are 2 pics of my Defender TD5 taken in the Central Kalahari, will have to dig around to find some of my Defender 2.8 and a few Series Land Rovers. DSC05146a.jpg
DSC05180a.jpg

RockingK

Welcome to Wayalife from Foresthill Ca 👋. I have family in Johannesburg, Gauteng. They are coming here for a reunion this year and several of the US and Australian clan will go to SA next year, can’t wait and nice Land Rover:thumb:

TonyP

Will you be coming to SA with the clan? If so, please make sure you give me a shout, I'd love to show you around the rhino sanctuary where you can get upclose and personal with some baby rhino

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Top Bottom