Smog readiness question

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
My 08 JKU is due for a smog and I killed the battery. I screwed up and after my last outing left my CB on. I rarely drive the jeep during the week so it had a few days to slowly drain off my battery.
My question is this. Does anyone know how many warm up/ drive cycles the ECM needs to see in order to be Emissions test ready? Hopefully not too many as I was being lazy and kinda pushed my smog off till the last minute [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My 08 JKU is due for a smog and I killed the battery. I screwed up and after my last outing left my CB on. I rarely drive the jeep during the week so it had a few days to slowly drain off my battery.
My question is this. Does anyone know how many warm up/ drive cycles the ECM needs to see in order to be Emissions test ready? Hopefully not too many as I was being lazy and kinda pushed my smog off till the last minute [emoji849]

Last time i smoged my car in Nevada they plug in a scanner and check for a check engine light and passed it i'm not sure if they are hound dogs like comucalifornia.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Last time i smoged my car in Nevada they plug in a scanner and check for a check engine light and passed it i'm not sure if they are hound dogs like comucalifornia.

Unfortunately I know there is a requirement of x amount of history in the ECM since last disconnected from power. Just not sure what the exact number is.

Moochie

You can check with a code reader. All monitors need to be green. My scanner will show this. I’m having issues with one of mine. The O2 sensor monitor is not cooperating after driving mucho miles. Could be related to my engine (V8) not getting above 210 degrees since I had a new camaro fan installed. I’ve had the fan settings adjusted and need to drive it another 300 + miles to see if it helped.

Shantz

My engine light has been on for 2 years... I've spent over $3000 trying to get rid of it. I finally gave up and bought a code reader from Pep Boys for $30. Cleared the codes, drove 50 miles, got smoged. PAST... engine light came back on like clock work... I'm now good for 2 more years. Hopefully it will burn out soon.

On The Trail Comment... sent via Morse Code

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
You can check with a code reader. All monitors need to be green. My scanner will show this. I’m having issues with one of mine. The O2 sensor monitor is not cooperating after driving mucho miles. Could be related to my engine (V8) not getting above 210 degrees since I had a new camaro fan installed. I’ve had the fan settings adjusted and need to drive it another 300 + miles to see if it helped.

Thank you. I completely forgot that my code reader (that my brother in law borrowed 6 months ago) does this. I will get it from him tonight and see if the monitors are ready. [emoji482]

Top Bottom