Acted like the TYPICAL WAY O LIFE JERK OFF

ibis9999

I don't think he should. He was sticking up for the community. People use this forum all the time as a hit-and-run flea market.

The OP didn’t seem like a douche to me. Just made a mistake. I see responses like that here often. It’s one of the reasons I tend not to take this forum seriously. And yes, bigmouth should apologize.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Why not use technology to impose a minimum post requirement before being able to post in classifieds? I’ve seen this on a Mazda forum. For example, 100 posts. Would weed out a lot of these problems.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
The OP didn’t seem like a douche to me. Just made a mistake. I see responses like that here often. It’s one of the reasons I tend not to take this forum seriously. And yes, bigmouth should apologize.

Sorry to hear that you got sand in your Vag about it! Maybe find a different forum that’s more to your standards.

John-In-NC

Thank you, ibis9999. I was thinking the same thing, but I'm new here and didn't want to ruffle any more feathers!

And I agree Fiend, if it is actually a rule, it would seem easier to impose the minimum post requirement than sit through this stuff. It reads more like an advisory rather than a rule anyway. Although this is somewhat entertaining at this point...

jesse3638

Hooked
You should apologize for your asshole response.

You should sit on it and rotate almighty forum god.

Thank you, ibis9999. I was thinking the same thing, but I'm new here and didn't want to ruffle any more feathers!

And I agree Fiend, if it is actually a rule, it would seem easier to impose the minimum post requirement than sit through this stuff. It reads more like an advisory rather than a rule anyway. Although this is somewhat entertaining at this point...

Its up to the person to decide if they'd like to apologize. Just like its up to one's self to be accountable for rules and regulations. Asking or suggesting someone apologize is meaningless. If the speed limit is 55 mph and I'm going 60 I accept the fact that I could be pulled over and ticketed. I do not need my car to be limited to 55 mph or any other given speed limit to prevent me from speeding to begin with.

John-In-NC

You should sit on it and rotate almighty forum god.

Its up to the person to decide if they'd like to apologize. Just like its up to one's self to be accountable for rules and regulations. Asking or suggesting someone apologize is meaningless. If the speed limit is 55 mph and I'm going 60 I accept the fact that I could be pulled over and ticketed. I do not need my car to be limited to 55 mph or any other given speed limit to prevent me from speeding to begin with.

Totally agree that it's one's right to do as they please, but they must accept the outcome. As I have. I chose to apologize to display my morals and character to the forum. Someone who spouts off without confirmed reason also displays their character...

jesse3638

Hooked
Totally agree that it's one's right to do as they please, but they must accept the outcome. As I have. I chose to apologize to display my morals and character to the forum. Someone who spouts off without confirmed reason also displays their character...

Very true and for that I commend you. We have to accept people for who they are and choose to accept or reject them. Can't change people. Welcome to WAL!

John-In-NC

Why should I apologize for your mistakes..

No one suggested you apologize for my mistake, I’ve done that for myself. I’m a big boy. The suggestion was made, by another member not me, for you to apologize for your arrogant reply. I get why you made the comment, but it was extremely rude. I’m trying to learn, man, cut the new guy a break.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Why not use technology to impose a minimum post requirement before being able to post in classifieds? I’ve seen this on a Mazda forum. For example, 100 posts. Would weed out a lot of these problems.

Because Personal Responsibility and Character Accountability are too much to ask for?? ...This whole idea just rubs me WRONG...

BINGO!

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked

Because Personal Responsibility and Character Accountability are too much to ask for?? ...This whole idea just rubs me WRONG...

BINGO!

Just to be clear, the OP did not ask you to apologize. So don’t take that rant out with him.

The OP actually did apologize and own up to the error. Which is more than most do. I’ll give him props for that.

At this point, welcome the guy and give him the opportunity to be part of the family. Soon enough he’ll understand and be an active member, or he won’t.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Just to be clear, the OP did not ask you to apologize. So don’t take that rant out with him.

The OP actually did apologize and own up to the error. Which is more than most do. I’ll give him props for that.

At this point, welcome the guy and give him the opportunity to be part of the family. Soon enough he’ll understand and be an active member, or he won’t.

But I didnt quote the OP? :thinking: Nor was my comment directed to the OP...

PatyWagon

OMG, even tho my profile says I'm a newbie since 2016 I've been on more than one of Eddie's forums since 2013, and I use the WAL app, for some reason it won't allow me to see the rules, I've learned them by hanging out and watching. I'm for giving the guy a break, he owned up, apologized and imho doesn't deserve to be publicly flogged for a "human" error. Anyone who hasn't made a mistake in their life needs to not mingle here with those of us who have. Welcome to WAL, enjoy that Jeep and here's a wave[emoji112] from Florida!

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

John-In-NC

So.. you don't think I should apologize....

I think it would have been a nice gesture toward a new member that made a mistake and owned up to it. That’s all. I certainly don’t want or expect an apology from anyone who doesn’t feel it the right thing to do. Your original post did rub me the wrong way, of course, but I get your reason for the post. Anyway man, whatever, not looking for anything from you and no worries on my end. I’m just happy to be here.

Top Bottom