quick what do I do?!

14JK-U

Quite possibly yes. If it's posted no one should be there. That being said, some type of recovery service is going to be needed if he's stuck to the point he needs another rig to get out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Make some signs that say OREO Towing & Recovery and tape them to your Jeep. Say your just doing your job.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Leave him there, get better friends :yup:

Something about "stupid decisions on your end won't constitute an emergency on mine."

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Fellow heeper got stuck in the no ohv area of peavine in some bad clay, could I get a ticket for trying to get him out of there?

I'd go get my buddy...then I would probably kick the shit out of him for illegal wheeling. We don't need that around here.

I take it he is somewhere in the Keystone Canyon region?

Last edited:

Oreo_penguin536

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] thanks for all your responses! Long story short

A third rig came out and without him wouldn’t have been able to get anyone out. The first rig was a stock 4runner and didn’t have wheeling experience, had to yank him out, no probs, the first “rig” originally was a bone stock 2014 grand Cherokee, again, no experience and as worried about sage brush scratching the car his parents helped him buy. I tried to yank him out but he started pulling me down the hill so the 3rd back up held me up while I got him.
Left minor tracks on 1 hiking trail but probably less than a tow service or anything. Cops even okay’d it lol they got me right before I went in and they were looking for the same guy![emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So why were your buddy and his friends in the no motorized vehicle area? There are plenty of places around here to wheel. That could change for the worse if people continue to drive where they should NOT be driving.

Last edited:

ZachJKUR

This reminds me of some dude I pulled out a couple of years ago. My buddy called me because he found the guy, but no body knew him. Cops wound up there after I pulled him out. Owner of the property found out, charged the original guy with destruction of property but thanked my buddy and I for getting him out and off the property. Anyways, glad it all worked out!

Oreo_penguin536

So why were your buddy and his friends in the no motorized vehicle area? There are plenty of places around here to wheel. That could change for the worse if people continue to drive where they should NOT be driving.

Lol get this straight for sure he is not my buddy. He didn’t even get out to help recover him. He was a guy who was stuck who made a sos post on the Nevada 4x4 rescue page. He had said that it was “deep mud” and the way his post was written made it sound like he was stuck inside the Jeep and unable to get out. Having been in that area fact position before I told him I’d be there.
Upon getting there I quickly found out that he just couldn’t get traction, no deep mud and he wasn’t stuck inside.

Like I said he had zero wheeling experience and had not a clue to where he was, much less understood how to read trail sticks (the brown sticks on peavine that says who can go where and what trail it is etc etc).

Jsouder53

Hooked
Lol get this straight for sure he is not my buddy. He didn’t even get out to help recover him. He was a guy who was stuck who made a sos post on the Nevada 4x4 rescue page. He had said that it was “deep mud” and the way his post was written made it sound like he was stuck inside the Jeep and unable to get out. Having been in that area fact position before I told him I’d be there.
Upon getting there I quickly found out that he just couldn’t get traction, no deep mud and he wasn’t stuck inside.

Like I said he had zero wheeling experience and had not a clue to where he was, much less understood how to read trail sticks (the brown sticks on peavine that says who can go where and what trail it is etc etc).

Hahahaha wow! What an idiot! [emoji23]

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Sounds like a douche for sure. Very cool of you to save him from himself! :beer: I’ve had several of those myself.

jesse3638

Hooked
Glad you were there to help sucks the situation wasn't what it seemed. For the future you should prepare a good lecture about illegal wheeling and what it does for 4x4s. Explain you'll only get them out if they do their best to repair any damage they caused.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom