Carplay

JKChuck

I just purchased a JL about a week ago. Still figuring it out. If I am using google maps on carplay, I can barely hear the voice turn by turn instructions. If the radio is on it is really difficult. The volume on my phone is all the way up. The voice commands sound like they are coming from the vehicle speakers. I recall this on a prior vehicle that had a garmin navigation. On that vehicle there was a way to increase the sound of the navigation voice instuctions. Anyone know how to up the volume for my google maps via carplay?

BaddestCross

I just purchased a JL about a week ago. Still figuring it out. If I am using google maps on carplay, I can barely hear the voice turn by turn instructions. If the radio is on it is really difficult. The volume on my phone is all the way up. The voice commands sound like they are coming from the vehicle speakers. I recall this on a prior vehicle that had a garmin navigation. On that vehicle there was a way to increase the sound of the navigation voice instuctions. Anyone know how to up the volume for my google maps via carplay?
There's a setting for the voice volume in Google maps settings.
20180324_150345.jpg
20180324_150413.jpg

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
Or, as every Navigation app wants you to use highways, main thoroughfares ect, instead of the actual quickest or direct route, I suggest an Atlas, a pen and notebook. Personally, these have always been more accurate and direct, And you can jam as loud as you want.

Zstairlessone

May be the same with CarPlay as Apple, while connected to the radio with Bluetooth I have to turn the phone volume up with the buttons when the map voice is on and speaking, then the next time the map voice is on I turn up the radio volume. After that it stays loud through the radios speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

duktrx

In my pioneer I have an option for nav voice volume, I tinkered with the phone setting and the stereo setting to get the right mix. At first I had to go digging through the menus.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

wrang

just install phone miroring, this way you can see maps on JL screen

ScoobyCarolanNC

So Google Maps isn’t supported by CarPlay. If you’re using CarPlay & turn on google maps what’s probably happening is that the directions come in over Bluetooth or probably are over the phones speakers. You need to drink the kool-aid & use apple’s Maps. Honestly, I know it sucked when it came out but that was 5 years ago. They’ve got it dialed in now & it works pretty well with Siri & CarPlay. At least try it for a bit.

Zstairlessone

Google is the one that needs to create a CarPlay app. In the meantime there are work around directions out there. I can’t vouch for them, I only have the stock radios.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom