ZJ lift kits

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I'm looking at two different options for around a 3.5 inch lift for a 95 zj. First option is the iron rock off-road kit which comes with extended stay bar links, Bilstein shocks, and full set of new coils. Comes to about 800 big ones. Other option is the pro comp kit which has the shocks, coils, sway bar links, track bar brackets, and lower control arms. That guy runs just over 800. I'd love advice on anyone who has run either of these, and what drivelines mods would I have to do and how I would go about doing them.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Bustedback

I put a Rough Country long arm kit on my 95 ZJ. People hate Rough Country, but I haven’t had any problems with their kit. It’s a very complete kit at around 1500 bucks. Long arms are definitely the best option for a ZJ. The handling after the install is better than it was from the factory. IMG_0043.JPG IMG_0053.JPG IMG_0041.JPG

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I put a Rough Country long arm kit on my 95 ZJ. People hate Rough Country, but I haven’t had any problems with their kit. It’s a very complete kit at around 1500 bucks. Long arms are definitely the best option for a ZJ. The handling after the install is better than it was from the factory. View attachment 297327 View attachment 297328 View attachment 297329

My only qualm really with rough country is their could run really stiff. What driveshaft mods did you have to do if any?

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
No driveshaft mods at all. The ride isn’t stiff, it actually feels a little softer than stock.

Okay, just curious. Thanks for the input! I'm going to lean away from the long arm kit just because it is the second Jeep and it's more of the secondary but that's good to know. On my Wrangler anything over 3 and my driveshafts would be flipping shit if I lifted it any more so I didn't know if the zj would be any different.

Bustedback

It does depend on what transfercase you have. If you have the 249 all wheel drive case you will need to swap in a non CV shaft.

longarmwj

Go with the Iron Rock kit. Just whatever you do, do not buy their control arms or steering parts. I ran their full Critical Patch Longarm on my WJ for a couple of years and it was constantly falling apart. Their springs, however, offer a good ride in my opinion and have seemed not to sag too much since 2012.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Go with the Iron Rock kit. Just whatever you do, do not buy their control arms or steering parts. I ran their full Critical Patch Longarm on my WJ for a couple of years and it was constantly falling apart. Their springs, however, offer a good ride in my opinion and have seemed not to sag too much since 2012.
Sweet. I'll look into it once my bank account has settled from buying the actual jeep

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
It does depend on what transfercase you have. If you have the 249 all wheel drive case you will need to swap in a non CV shaft.

What brands do you recommend for the swap? I see a couple on line for around 350 I just want to make the right choice.

Top Bottom