Stuck seatbelt

Bear_JT

Hooked
This one has me stuck, almost literally. My rear seat center seatbelt is stuck and will not release. I’m talking about the actual belt up near the shoulder area where it comes out of the top of the seat back. If I fold the seat forward it gets a little slack on it but when in the upright position it is tight again and unusable. You can even see in the picture how it’s pulling the cushion down. Has anyone ever dealt with something like this or heard of this happening? Image1522024811.496689.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Ours did that this year when we removed the seats for doing bedliner. After we reinstalled the seat, that same one as yours just kept locking up. We finally got it to retract properly by folding the seat back and forth and it's worked fine for months. Sorry I don't have a solution for what caused it, but trial and error got it working for us :idontknow:

Bear_JT

Hooked
I wanted to update this thread in case anyone else has this issue come up.
I tried a version of what WJCO recommended and it worked! I did have to unbolt the belt itself from the floor and let it fully retract and keep pulling in and out until it released but it finally works. On a side note, I think whomever owned my Jeep before me had screwed with the back seat and installed the belt to the floor upside down. This picture shows the right way it should be and this could have contributed to it getting stuck, maybe not. Image1522357810.857745.jpg

zombie hunter

I wanted to update this thread in case anyone else has this issue come up.
I tried a version of what WJCO recommended and it worked! I did have to unbolt the belt itself from the floor and let it fully retract and keep pulling in and out until it released but it finally works. On a side note, I think whomever owned my Jeep before me had screwed with the back seat and installed the belt to the floor upside down. This picture shows the right way it should be and this could have contributed to it getting stuck, maybe not. View attachment 297842

I had an issue with my front drivers seatbelt. Everytime I tried to buckle up I couldn't pull my seatbelt out of its housing, almost like when you do an obstacle and your seatbelt locks because of the degree your jeep is sitting at. If you open up that panel at the bottom where the seatbelt is housed there is a gold ball thing, I just removed that and never had a problem again. Not sure if it's the same issue you had in the rear

Sent from my SM-G950F using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
I had an issue with my front drivers seatbelt. Everytime I tried to buckle up I couldn't pull my seatbelt out of its housing, almost like when you do an obstacle and your seatbelt locks because of the degree your jeep is sitting at. If you open up that panel at the bottom where the seatbelt is housed there is a gold ball thing, I just removed that and never had a problem again. Not sure if it's the same issue you had in the rear

Sent from my SM-G950F using WAYALIFE mobile app

Could have been... I have to say since I worked on it, I check it every time I pull my kids out and it works. Knock on wood.

Brute

Hooked
My center seat in the Brute always has a belt problem

It seems to happen every time I fold the long rear seat forward...then I have to play with it for an hour, then it works fine until a fold the seat again...it's a pain in the okole...

Top Bottom