Load displacement

Oreo_penguin536

Sorry for bombing this with 2 threads eddy🤪

Was just thinking, 3/4 inch shackles are good for 9k lbs from what I’m told and what I’ve searched.
1: if you have a load that is heavier than the rates shackle, can you split the load between 2?
For example, your rig is 9klbs. You’re doing a single line pull out of a mud bog up a incline, so your weight is over 9k. Instead of hooking the winch hook to 1 shackle can you have 2 different anchor points tied together by let’s say a tree strap and then hook to that? *see pic below*

2: for more complex scenarios (winching backwards or doing a 4-5:1 pull ratio shouldn’t you use bigger shackles?
Let’s say for an ungodly reason you need to move 45,000lbs of whatever. You have a 9k winch, so you need to get a 5:1 ratio. Yes the load is spread out between different points BUT every pulley has an equal load on both sides, exceeding 9k pounds. So how doesn’t everything break/how is this remotely safe?

Again see pics below. I also don’t know how to draw a 5:1 ratio but the second picture explains my thinking process a bit more
I’m trying to explain it the best possible way I can here lol bare with meImage1522030543.025360.jpgImage1522030820.121954.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

In the second photo the shackle attached to the pulley will see 18k lbs. Shackles typically have a 5 to 1 safety factor so they can withstand 45k (in this example) before yielding.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom