Load displacement

Oreo_penguin536

Sorry for bombing this with 2 threads eddy🤪

Was just thinking, 3/4 inch shackles are good for 9k lbs from what I’m told and what I’ve searched.
1: if you have a load that is heavier than the rates shackle, can you split the load between 2?
For example, your rig is 9klbs. You’re doing a single line pull out of a mud bog up a incline, so your weight is over 9k. Instead of hooking the winch hook to 1 shackle can you have 2 different anchor points tied together by let’s say a tree strap and then hook to that? *see pic below*

2: for more complex scenarios (winching backwards or doing a 4-5:1 pull ratio shouldn’t you use bigger shackles?
Let’s say for an ungodly reason you need to move 45,000lbs of whatever. You have a 9k winch, so you need to get a 5:1 ratio. Yes the load is spread out between different points BUT every pulley has an equal load on both sides, exceeding 9k pounds. So how doesn’t everything break/how is this remotely safe?

Again see pics below. I also don’t know how to draw a 5:1 ratio but the second picture explains my thinking process a bit more
I’m trying to explain it the best possible way I can here lol bare with me Image1522030543.025360.jpg Image1522030820.121954.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TND333

In the second photo the shackle attached to the pulley will see 18k lbs. Shackles typically have a 5 to 1 safety factor so they can withstand 45k (in this example) before yielding.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom