Trail Cover or Full Car Cover

dchew

Caught the Bug
My new Jeep has both hard and soft tops. Come spring I plant to switch to the soft top throughout the summer. But there will be many times I want to run doorless and topless when the weather report is nice for several days. The problem is, I work at a sand and gravel mine, so when it is parked during the day it really needs to be covered or the interior gets coated with fine sand within minutes.

Anyone have experience with a trail cover like the Bestop All Weather Trail Cover? It is basically a fitted cover that goes over the windshield, down to the bottom door seals and over the back. Is there any advantage to this cover vs. a full, looser fitting cover like the Rugged Ridge 3-Layer Full Car Cover?

Anyone have recommendations or experience? I'm leaning toward the full cover because it will probably be less finicky to put on. The Trail Cover does have door access though.

Dave

i bought the rugged ridge cover. it ripped in the first install and is not water proof.
get the bestop trail cover. i did and run it all summer long. my doors come off about march and dont go back on till December. and it is water proof

dchew

Caught the Bug
i bought the rugged ridge cover. it ripped in the first install and is not water proof.
get the bestop trail cover. i did and run it all summer long. my doors come off about march and dont go back on till December. and it is water proof

Great info thank you. One more question I forgot: I am installing EVO sliders. Will they get in the way at all?

not at all.
2012-05-07092304.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I need to pick one of those up as well.

I really can't count how many times I have been caught in the rain. :cheesy:

bl17z90

I need to pick one of those up as well.

I really can't count how many times I have been caught in the rain. :cheesy:

We were with our realitor with the top and doors off (shes a jeeper as well) and the heaviest rain that we had all last summer popped up out of nowhere on us :doh:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
We were with our realitor with the top and doors off (shes a jeeper as well) and the heaviest rain that we had all last summer popped up out of nowhere on us :doh:

:cheesy: Normally for me it's on my way home from work or it rains while I am at work. It's a cold drive home after the rain at 11PM.

i run a trek top so i have the safari piece on year round so driving in the rain is not an issue for me. its parking. this will fit over bikini tops by the way the rampage will not

Top Bottom