Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - NEW EVO JL Wrangler Coilovers / Long Arms & More - Moab EJS 2018

  1. #41
    Old Timer VeruGE*144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Illinois, Chicago
    Posts
    3,430
    Thatís so freaking awesome. More and more i see those JLs driving around more I want one.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #42
    Old Timer AllAmericanInfidel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wahiawa, HI
    Posts
    4,657
    That didnít take Mel long! LOL! Looks badass! Letís hope he does the same when the truck comes out!


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

    BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

    CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

  3. #43
    Knows a Thing or Two jdofmemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Menifee CA
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by dwvninety View Post
    Sweet, cant wait for the JL with the diesel engine. Now that I am seeing the Jeep pickup prototype I wonder what Evo will do for the leaf spring assuming that the Jeep pickup will have it?
    So why would you think that it would have leaf springs? FCA trucks like the 1500 and 2500 are on 4 link coil suspension in the rear, and have for several years. I am sure they are not going to downgrade the new truck.

  4. #44
    Nothing but a Thing SDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,483
    That suspension setup is sweet. The amount of travel it puts out is very impressive. We ran a few trails with Mel and the JL, and he was able to do 90% of the obstacles we were running on 40's. The other 10% I am pretty confident it would have been capable of with aftermarket axles etc. It is a super capable system and platform for sure.

    If I can figure out how to throw some vids on YouTube I will try and post some of it in action.
    '14 JKUR

  5. #45
    Old Timer TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    East of St. Louis
    Posts
    2,559
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post



    Truth be told, it's too much for the factory front shaft.

    I didn't even think of that, how is it not crushing the exhaust crossover?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  6. #46
    Nothing but a Thing 13_gecko_rubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Commerce, MI
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    I didn't even think of that, how is it not crushing the exhaust crossover?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    The exhaust crossover isn't under the shaft where it droops on the JL, they moved it back

    Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #47
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    48,452
    Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Well shit...you got me wanting to spend money on a Jeep I don't even have (yet)


    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_JK_Houston_711 View Post
    Cool video. Looks like they nailed it. Canít wait to see if this will fit the new JT when it comes out.
    Oh, I'm sure it will but there will be other options they'll be coming out for that as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by BANSHEE13 View Post
    Thats so awesome! Makes me wanna trade in my 2dr JK for a new JL. Any word on when the new sliders are being released and if there will be a 2dr version for JK?
    Not sure when any of this will be shipping but they're making everything now. As far as 2-door stuff goes, they need to be shipping from FCA before anything like sliders can be made for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by VeruGE*144 View Post
    Thatís so freaking awesome. More and more i see those JLs driving around more I want one.
    Resistance is futile

    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmericanInfidel View Post
    That didnít take Mel long! LOL! Looks badass! Letís hope he does the same when the truck comes out!
    Well, it doesn't hurt to know people in the right places and Mel does.

  8. #48
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    48,452
    Quote Originally Posted by SDG View Post
    That suspension setup is sweet. The amount of travel it puts out is very impressive. We ran a few trails with Mel and the JL, and he was able to do 90% of the obstacles we were running on 40's. The other 10% I am pretty confident it would have been capable of with aftermarket axles etc. It is a super capable system and platform for sure.

    If I can figure out how to throw some vids on YouTube I will try and post some of it in action.
    Glad you were able to see it perform first hand. Amazing what 15.5" of vertical travel will do for a Jeep

    Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    I didn't even think of that, how is it not crushing the exhaust crossover?
    Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    The exhaust crossover isn't under the shaft where it droops on the JL, they moved it back
    What 13_gecko_rubi said. The problem with this setup and the factory shaft was that the CV joint was maxed out.

  9. #49
    Hooked Chrismendoza10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    207
    Any idea when the evo sliders are coming out???

    Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-30-2018, 02:53 PM
  2. Long Arms or Coilovers First?
    By JGreer in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-10-2015, 12:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS