Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New ZJ in the family

Nothing but a Thing Strodinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-N9ne View Post
    I was at 5.5 on my old 5.2 ZJ and never had driveshaft vibrations with the stock rear shaft. If you have that Rzeppa joint style CV front shaft you’ll want to get rid of that shit and go to a true u-joint style pinion yoke, but other than that your stock driveshafts should be 100% fine. The wheelbase is long enough and the rear shaft is long enough that there’s very little advantage to running an SYE for driveline correction. If you do end up choosing to go SYE, auto TJ front shafts are nearly perfect bolt in rear driveshafts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    I know I'll have to scrap the front driveshaft. Just thinking on a budget at the point when I want to build this one when I have another in the shop completely torn apart.

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    If you want to see a broke college kid struggle through an LS swap, then here's your chance: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...546#post956546

I was at 5.5 on my old 5.2 ZJ and never had driveshaft vibrations with the stock rear shaft. If you have that Rzeppa joint style CV front shaft you’ll want to get rid of that shit and go to a true u-joint style pinion yoke, but other than that your stock driveshafts should be 100% fine. The wheelbase is long enough and the rear shaft is long enough that there’s very little advantage to running an SYE for driveline correction. If you do end up choosing to go SYE, auto TJ front shafts are nearly perfect bolt in rear driveshafts

Plus I also have an auto front tj driveshaft just sitting in my shop 🤔

If you want to see a broke college kid struggle through an LS swap, then here's your chance: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...546#post956546

New brakes for the grand. Still don't have a name yet but it'll come to me. I managed to buy this set when it was 50 dollars cheaper. Not bad for all 4 wheels. Screenshot_20180616-205248.jpg

Fresh Catch

Wow

Nice setup!

Fun stuff I went under there and realized it was the good front driveshaft. Of course it's CV at the axles because of the all time 4wd but the driveshaft itself is ujoint at both ends.

I was sitting doing wiring on the TJ and got fed up so for the time being I started to swap the budget boost from my TJ onto the ZJ. IMG_20180621_205912.jpg all I am doing for now is the spacers and maybe my wheels and tires. I just did the front for the night since I have to get to work in the morning. My abs light is now tripped though. Any thoughts? It's obd1 so I can't just scan it with what I have.

Also I trimmed the front bumper and got rid of the ugly plastic that hangs down. I will need to relocate the evap canister now though.
    Before:
    IMG_20180621_155810.jpgIMG_20180621_155814_01.jpgIMG_20180621_155814.jpgIMG_20180621_155821.jpg
    After:
    IMG_20180621_162921.jpgIMG_20180621_162932.jpgIMG_20180621_162944.jpg. Not my finest work but I'm happy with it. I just used a heat gun and a utility knife and it cut through like butter.

Knows a Thing or Two Snboarder113's Avatar
    It’s obd1 and abs? Interesting... you unplug a sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    It’s obd1 and abs? Interesting... you unplug a sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I did not unplug a thing as far as I know. It did surprise me as well but that ABS light is plenty bright in the dash. I'm doing brakes tomorrow so I'll double check them to see if anything got tweaked or unplugged.

Check that you didn’t knock something into the tone ring. Sometimes the sensors will trigger if there’s metal schmeg in between the tone ring and the sensor

'98 5.9 LX Grand Cherokee: 6.0 Mopar, mild trans build, 242 case swap

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast