Lift/suspension upgrades

Kevgund

Hey all I'm looking for some advice.

I have the 2.5" AEV dual sport lift (in hindsight I would've went a different route).

I was thinking about upgrading the control arms to something more stout and will give me more flex than stock. Is this something that could have any negative effect on how my rig performs on road or off? I would assume the geometry correction brackets would need to go if I do this.

I posed this question on a AEV forum and got ripped for wanting to change anything with the AEV lift.

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

Hey all I'm looking for some advice.

I have the 2.5" AEV dual sport lift (in hindsight I would've went a different route).

I was thinking about upgrading the control arms to something more stout and will give me more flex than stock. Is this something that could have any negative effect on how my rig performs on road or off? I would assume the geometry correction brackets would need to go if I do this.

I posed this question on a AEV forum and got ripped for wanting to change anything with the AEV lift.

Depending on what your goals are for your Jeep. Nothing wrong with what you have. The correction brackets ride and drive great and realistically shocks are what limits your travel/flex, not the factory arms. Unless you are planning more lift or just wanting the little extra clearance and strength the lower arms would provide there’s really no reason to change what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kevgund

Depending on what your goals are for your Jeep. Nothing wrong with what you have. The correction brackets ride and drive great and realistically shocks are what limits your travel/flex, not the factory arms. Unless you are planning more lift or just wanting the little extra clearance and strength the lower arms would provide there’s really no reason to change what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thanks A.J.. my Jeep went from driving a lot of miles daily to primarily using on the weekend thanks to working from home.

I am looking at adding lift down the road. So I am in the process of gathering info for that. I need to figure out the best plan of attack for the upgrades I want to do verses what needs to be done.

TheGrendel

first and foremost, decide what your end goal is then lay out a plan to build towards that. you'll save yourself some money in the long run.

Top Bottom