"feel safe" and a terrrible world of autonomous cars

Hi

In my country there is a word that you hear so many times a day I´m starting to go insane. I´m not sure how to exactly translate it but something like "feel safe". Also security, protection maybee but "feel safe" I think best describes it.

You hear it in the radio, comercials tv and all the asholes politicians are saying this shit everytime they open their piehole in public tv discussions.

You hear the message day long: you must feel safe, the kids must feel safe, the elders must feel safe when they get old, it must be safe to go to work, it must be safe when you trafel. WE MUST ALL FEEL SAFE all the fucking time.

You must have a helmet when riding a pedal bike and a reflective vest so you are SAFE! And so on, I think you all know what I mean.

Anyway, now days the best thing since sliced bread seems to be autonomus cars and that in say 15 to 20 years we are not going to be able to drive our own cars. It will even be forbidden. :shock:

I mean, I´m so tired of being safe and in the future I´m not even going to be able to drive my own car?, because it is to dangerous and we must be safe!

This summer I´m going to overland with my jeep from Sweden to Kola penisula Russia. It will be a 5000 km adventure and on Kola Penisula 1100 km of pure off road and overlanding is awaiting. Dozens of water crossings, mountains to climb and drive. Muddy tracks, stoney tracks, rock crawling, forest tracks and amazing views and lovely campfires in the evening. Fishing and hiking. It will take 20 days to do.

Now, how the fuck will a autonomus car be able to do that and what the fun with that? I love my jeep and my Fred Bears bows and to be out in the nature. The technicians nerds and the politicians wants to take this from us.

So we can be SAFE!

I wish I was born in the 1920´s so I could have been able to grow up in exploration era instead of this shitty mobile phone google facebook and computer screen era.

I´ve been driving my cars for 24 years without any accidents, I do not need google to drive my car to my fishing gem spot. I do not want to "feel safe" anymore.

robnecciai

Agreed. “Feel Safe” is just another excuse being used to limit the individual freedoms of people. And, most of us are too busy checking our likes and shares on social media to pay any attention.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
"feel safe" and a terrrible world of autonomous cars

Autonomous cars are bullshit. Do we really need to save us from us?
But I do wear a helmet biking now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moose92YJ

Well said, I completely agree. We're heading down a ridiculous road right now in this country/world. And, I can't imagine how much worse it's going to be for my 3 year old, and everyone else's children, when they're older. It'll be a terrible place if it keeps heading this direction...

Top Bottom