Moab Bound Tomorrow

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
We’re heading out at 5am tomorrow to make our way to Moab. This will be our first year there with a kid. We’ll see how the 16 hour drive goes with a 16 month old. Planning on staying in Salt Lake tomorrow which will make our trip on Sunday a little shorter. I know a few WAL guys will be down there and hopefully we’ll run into you. Unfortunately I can’t commit to any runs together due to the rest of my group. Hope to keep it dirty side down.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
We’re heading out at 5am tomorrow to make our way to Moab. This will be our first year there with a kid. We’ll see how the 16 hour drive goes with a 16 month old. Planning on staying in Salt Lake tomorrow which will make our trip on Sunday a little shorter. I know a few WAL guys will be down there and hopefully we’ll run into you. Unfortunately I can’t commit to any runs together due to the rest of my group. Hope to keep it dirty side down.

Cool. Were heading there tomorrow from SoCal. Should be arriving late evening. 10 or so. Maybe connect for a run or a beer. Safe travels!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Cool. Were heading there tomorrow from SoCal. Should be arriving late evening. 10 or so. Maybe connect for a run or a beer. Safe travels!

You as well. I’ll post up on the trails we’re running each day to see if they line up with your group. We’re planning Crystal Geyser, Metal masher, Kane Creek, steel Bender, Moab Rim and whatever else we can fit in.

Brute

Hooked
I'm on Behind the Rocks today...when I get off the trail I'm open to grabbing a beer or dinner...

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I'm on Behind the Rocks today...when I get off the trail I'm open to grabbing a beer or dinner...

Unfortunately I won’t be in town until after you’re already gone. Next time around. :thumb:

Pics or you are all lyin!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m still driving through Nevada so I literally have nothing to post pictures of. Haha. I’m sure I’ll be posting some up throughout the week though.

Best time to be out there - AFTER EJS. Have fun :thumb:

Yea, should be a pretty mellow time.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Unfortunately I won’t be in town until after you’re already gone. Next time around. :thumb:

I’m still driving through Nevada so I literally have nothing to post pictures of. Haha. I’m sure I’ll be posting some up throughout the week though.

What’s your eta? I should be there around 10 tonight. 🤞🏻

Brute

Hooked
Unfortunately I won’t be in town until after you’re already gone. Next time around. :thumb

Ok...hope to see you this summer

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
How was the drive with the kid?

Went pretty well. We stopped a couple times to let him run around and play. The only times he got whiny was right before he fell asleep so that was pretty awesome. Doing a couple easy trails today to break in the newbies so it’ll be a good trial for him as well. I suspect he’ll do fine. He loves how bumpy trail rides are. Usually puts him to sleep.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
On our way back to CA from Moab. Had an awesome time. Waiting on the pictures to come in but here’s one video on Steel Bender. I think my wife’s reaction is a nice touch.

https://youtu.be/cfDsFo09LOU

Edit: not sure if it’s just my shit but I don’t have any sound on the video. Plays fine on YouTube. Don’t know what’s up. Tried a couple different things.

Last edited:

black pearl

Hooked
On our way back to CA from Moab. Had an awesome time. Waiting on the pictures to come in but here’s one video on Steel Bender. I think my wife’s reaction is a nice touch.

https://youtu.be/cfDsFo09LOU

Edit: not sure if it’s just my shit but I don’t have any sound on the video. Plays fine on YouTube. Don’t know what’s up. Tried a couple different things.

That is a great reaction!! Can't wait to see the rest of the photos.
It reminds me of the first time I took my wife to the rubicon. She watched a TJ bounce , struggle and get some damage on post pile. She refused to even watch me and walked up around the corner. I basically walked right through [emoji23] only grazed a rock with a door hinge.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Here’s a few more pictures that my wife had on her phone. The majority are on my brothers camera and I’ll post them up when I get them.

Day 1 was Crystal Geyser and Sevenmile Rim

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

Uranium Arch on SMR

IMG_3020.jpg

Day 2 was Kane Creek. This was probably my favorite trail of the week but it’s so hard to decide. They’re all awesome.

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0700.JPG

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

Day 3 was Metal Masher but I have no pics right now. My son and I were flying solo while mom was having a spa day with the girls.

Day 4 was Steel Bender. I posted the video above from this trail so I won’t post it again and I don’t have much.

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

These are my favorite so far. My 1yo son decide he wanted to help me while I was airing up the tires on my brother’s rental Jeep. Made me a happy dad.

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

My family portion of the group. We had some friends from WA that met us down there as well.

IMG_0771.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Top Bottom