HELP!!! P0736 incorrect gear ratio in reverse

TormentedCrawler

Has anyone encountered this code before. I have a 2009 jeep rubicon. I no longer have reverse. It happened right happen I was reversing onto a rock. Came off the rock, put back into reverse and all it does is rev. All forward gears work including 4hi and 4 low.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
sound like transfer case shift cable plastic bushing underneath is coming apart.
I had that happen to me today at the end of a run.
put it in reverse, all it did was rev put it back in park that was that.
had to replace the bushing

TormentedCrawler

sound like transfer case shift cable plastic bushing underneath is coming apart.
I had that happen to me today at the end of a run.
put it in reverse, all it did was rev put it back in park that was that.
had to replace the bushing

Thanks for the reply jeeeep. Did you have drive. The only reason I don’t think it has to do with the cable is because I have to shift further in order to get into drive or even 2. And both of those did work for me. It sounds as if it wants to go into reverse. Just doesn’t move.

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks for the reply jeeeep. Did you have drive. The only reason I don’t think it has to do with the cable is because I have to shift further in order to get into drive or even 2. And both of those did work for me. It sounds as if it wants to go into reverse. Just doesn’t move.

I had to shift past drive to get in neutral but it didn't last long as it got stuck in reverse. guess the shift cable just fell off at that point.

freaked me out cause it wouldn't start or do anything after that and the shifter wouldn't budge.

Once I realized the cable had come off, I was able to move the shift bracket from underneath and put it in park and it at least started...whew!

The part that sucks is when first looked the cable was still on so I begin to pull the console out to check the bushing on that end of the cable.

there are 2 areas where it would affect the shift, under the Jeep and under the console.

under the console the cable might stay on but have slop in it without the bushing.

Ddays

Hooked
I had to shift past drive to get in neutral but it didn't last long as it got stuck in reverse. guess the shift cable just fell off at that point.

freaked me out cause it wouldn't start or do anything after that and the shifter wouldn't budge.

Once I realized the cable had come off, I was able to move the shift bracket from underneath and put it in park and it at least started...whew!

The part that sucks is when first looked the cable was still on so I begin to pull the console out to check the bushing on that end of the cable.

there are 2 areas where it would affect the shift, under the Jeep and under the console.

under the console the cable might stay on but have slop in it without the bushing.

But did you throw the code he mentioned above? I've never heard of a cable causing a thrown code but then again, it wouldn't surprise me if it did....

fablag

Has anyone solved the P0736 issue?
Just happened to mine. No reveres but all other gears work. Help appreciated.

Top Bottom