Teraflex Dual Rate and Poison Spyder Brawler Bumper

SES50

In the last year I have been doing a lot of tuning on my JKU. When I installed the rear 20 gallon Generight fuel tank I was forced to install a Currie Anti-Rock rear sway bar. After that install the Jeep drove like crap. It felt like driving a dead elephant down the freeway. It was all over the place and the back wanted to pass the front on turns.

Anyway, The front swaybar that seamed like it would be the best for tuning was the Teraflex Dual Rate Sway bar. The problem I had is it did not look like it would bolt up to my Jeep due to the Poison Spyder Brawler front bumper I already had on it. I called Teraflex and searched the web and nobody could tell me what the fit issues would be like. It seamed like nobody had done it. Looking at the Teraflex instructions I figured it would work but I would have to do some cutting.

Today, after about 6 months messing with it and having the winch and bumper on and off a bunch of times I finally got the project done. Bumper came back from the paint shop Thursday. I also installed new KC fog lights and got the new Warn Zeon 10S installed today. Glad it is back on the road.

Cutting the bottom half of the front bumper on the mill.
20171008_182757.jpg

Swaybar unlocking knob interference with bumper when flexed.
20171029_180628.jpg

Cutting the main bumper to clear the knob.
20180313_161207.jpg

After Install (Passenger Side).
20180331_165942.jpg

After Install (Drivers Side).
20180331_170005.jpg

Isoview.
20180331_165918.jpg

Front View with new paint, winch and fog lights.
20180331_181027.jpg

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Today, after about 6 months messing with it and having the winch and bumper on and off a bunch of times I finally got the project done. Bumper came back from the paint shop Thursday. I also installed new KC fog lights and got the new Warn Zeon 10S installed today. Glad it is back on the road.

Swaybar unlocking knob interference with bumper when flexed.
View attachment 298038

View attachment 298039

Nice work altering as needed to fit your requirements! Did you cut and fill the clearance for the adjustment knob? The end result looks terrific!

SES50

Nice work altering as needed to fit your requirements! Did you cut and fill the clearance for the adjustment knob? The end result looks terrific!

Yeah, I welded in a piece of 3" OD tubing to clearance the knob. Yes, pretty happy how it turned out.

SES50

Why would you need a six fuel tank in San Jose? And teraflex is garabage.

Keep tuning though brah. View attachment 298061

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Do not understand your first question but If you are asking why I need the second fuel tank, it is because I do not need to carry jerry cans now and it dropped my center of gravity to help body roll. We were able to run 4 days in Death Valley with no fill up by ourselves so for our use the extra tank has worked out great. The Teraflex bar seams to be working. The jeep is way more controllable on the road now and my wife is willing to drive it where before it scared the crap out of her.

Thanks for your input brah.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Do not understand your first question but If you are asking why I need the second fuel tank, it is because I do not need to carry jerry cans now and it dropped my center of gravity to help body roll. We were able to run 4 days in Death Valley with no fill up by ourselves so for our use the extra tank has worked out great. The Teraflex bar seams to be working. The jeep is way more controllable on the road now and my wife is willing to drive it where before it scared the crap out of her.

Thanks for your input brah.

Your teraflex suspension didn’t help either. Oh and I just got done last weekend doing 120 Miles in Death Valley in a day and finished with a half tank of gas just by beinging a 4 gallon rotopax. But I’m sure that was impossible.

SES50

Your teraflex suspension didn’t help either. Oh and I just got done last weekend doing 120 Miles in Death Valley in a day and finished with a half tank of gas just by beinging a 4 gallon rotopax. But I’m sure that was impossible.

Wow, you are a fun forum member. Thanks for adding more useless info to this thread. Are the majority of your 26k post you just being an asshole? You would be welcome on the Pirate4x4.

WJCO

Meme King
Wow, you are a fun forum member. Thanks for adding more useless info to this thread. Are the majority of your 26k post you just being an asshole? You would be welcome on the Pirate4x4.

I really hate to tell someone to fuck off on Easter, but....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You asked for help you don’t want to hear that you’ve wasted your money. Time to man up and realize you don’t know what you’re doing or talking about.

Yeah, I saw that but it is a waste of time and childish. I hate having to read through all that type of crap when I am trying to follow other people's technical post. Smartasses are witty, his comments are just immature and dumb.

If I wanted your opinion I would have given it to you.

longarmwj

Yeah, I saw that but it is a waste of time and childish. I hate having to read through all that type of crap when I am trying to follow other people's technical post. Smartasses are witty, his comments are just immature and dumb.

I’m gonna buy you a trail camera so you can set it up in your kitchen to see who keeps pissing in your Cheerios.

SES50

I’m gonna buy you a trail camera so you can set it up in your kitchen to see who keeps pissing in your Cheerios.

Wow, when I first looked into this forum I thought is was different. I never asked for help and was just trying to give back. This is way to much like Pirate4x4. Not wasting my time here anymore. You guys can delete my account. Not worth my time. Hope to see some of you more mature people on the trail. Good by.

SES50

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Wow, when I first looked into this forum I thought is was different. I never asked for help and was just trying to give back. This is way to much like Pirate4x4. Not wasting my time here anymore. You guys can delete my account. Not worth my time. Hope to see some of you more mature people on the trail. Good by.

SES50

We don’t delete accounts. And you did indeed ask for help.

pop2tu

Wow, when I first looked into this forum I thought is was different. I never asked for help and was just trying to give back.

SES50

Well that was your mistake! If you would have asked for help, you would have been steered away from Terrorflex, and the Antirock! Now you have bought this garbage and are trying to let everyone else now that this works for you, hoping someone else will by garbage so you will feel better about wasting money

Top Bottom