Thread: Wanting to program but suspect I may be already

Fresh Catch

Wanting to program but suspect I may be already

Hey Gents

Ended up buying my 14 rubi at a dealer with a lift and 35ís on it. I jumped to Cooper 37Ē tires and did the Tom woods driveshaft and c gussets for now. I sold the 35ís and in the interim threw on the basic stockers. The Speedo was a good 10 mph off high. Put the 37ís on and dead nuts when comparing to gps app. Even though I canít say the app is accurate, itís still gives me enough data to assume the Jeep is tuned. Im wanting to add the Superchips traildash 2 for the programming features cause gears are happening in a couple of weeks, but worried that I may brick the Jeep. Anyone run into this? Would I need to get it refreshed to stock first at a dealer? Searched but canít find any matches to this question.

Decided on TD2 also because I would use this in place of an Spod. Anyone use it as an alternative in this way? Seems I could save 500 and get both. Not planning on running much accessories. Two duallys, reverse pods, hood light bar, and rock lights. Have a warn platinum winch I have to pick up from my office today and that has two outputs.
    Last edited by TERAS; 04-02-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TERAS View Post
    Hey Gents

Ended up buying my 14 rubi at a dealer with a lift and 35ís on it. I jumped to Cooper 37Ē tires and did the Tom woods driveshaft and c gussets for now. I sold the 35ís and in the interim threw on the basic stockers. The Speedo was a good 10 mph off high. Put the 37ís on and dead nuts when comparing to gps app. Even though I canít say the app is accurate, itís still gives me enough data to assume the Jeep is tuned. Im wanting to add the Superchips traildash 2 for the programming features cause gears are happening in a couple of weeks, but worried that I may brick the Jeep. Anyone run into this? Would I need to get it refreshed to stock first at a dealer? Searched but canít find any matches to this question.

Decided on TD2 also because I would use this in place of an Spod. Anyone use it as an alternative in this way? Seems I could save 500 and get both. Not planning on running much accessories. Two duallys, reverse pods, hood light bar, and rock lights. Have a warn platinum winch I have to pick up from my office today and that has two outputs.
    This is kinda similar to a situation I've had and it took a couple tries for superchips to fix but they were awesome in helping me. I had a previous tune on my jeep done by me and somehow my tuner got damaged. When I got the tuner fixed it didn't recognize the tune and I couldn't revert to stock or change tunes. Superchips basically uploaded a stock profile to my tuner and reverted my jeep back to stock and then I was able to use the tuner. And of course if that doesn't work you could always have a dealer flash your ecm but it costs. It won't brick your jeep though, the tuner just won't work.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by MSJKU11 View Post
    This is kinda similar to a situation I've had and it took a couple tries for superchips to fix but they were awesome in helping me. I had a previous tune on my jeep done by me and somehow my tuner got damaged. When I got the tuner fixed it didn't recognize the tune and I couldn't revert to stock or change tunes. Superchips basically uploaded a stock profile to my tuner and reverted my jeep back to stock and then I was able to use the tuner. And of course if that doesn't work you could always have a dealer flash your ecm but it costs. It won't brick your jeep though, the tuner just won't work.
    Thatís good to know. Will have to call them prior to ordering. Hopefully the previous owner had a Superchips on it or that it doesnít matter. Thanks thatís reassuring.