Worth it?

Jack diddly

I was wondering what your take on this was with minimal info. 1991 wrangler. Clean title. Mileage on odometer says almost 300k but motor was rebuilt and has about 60k since. A.c. and heat work. New exhaust and battery. 5th get is a little sluggish. 4 cyl. 2500 bucks received_2099867163363360.jpg received_2099867166696693.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jeepsheets

If possible, have it checked by a mechanic who really knows Jeeps. I wish I’d done that before buying my ‘90.
If not possible, check for oil leaks, especially by front and rear main seals. If there’s a drop of oil on the front of the transmission, that’s usually a dead giveaway for a rear main leak. $600 repair for oil pan gasket and rear main seal replacement in a 6cyl. Guessing about the same for 4.
With a lift and 4cyl, 5th gear will be sluggish and basically useless if running stock gears.
Check for ATF leak at back of transfer case where drive Shaft yoke comes out. Had to have mine redone... $200 ish.
There’s a decent video on YouTube about what to look for when buying a YJ. Maybe check that out.
Otherwise looks good from pics... have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jack diddly

If possible, have it checked by a mechanic who really knows Jeeps. I wish I’d done that before buying my ‘90.
If not possible, check for oil leaks, especially by front and rear main seals. If there’s a drop of oil on the front of the transmission, that’s usually a dead giveaway for a rear main leak. $600 repair for oil pan gasket and rear main seal replacement in a 6cyl. Guessing about the same for 4.
With a lift and 4cyl, 5th gear will be sluggish and basically useless if running stock gears.
Check for ATF leak at back of transfer case where drive Shaft yoke comes out. Had to have mine redone... $200 ish.
There’s a decent video on YouTube about what to look for when buying a YJ. Maybe check that out.
Otherwise looks good from pics... have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I'll have to keep all this in mind for the next one I come across. I guess I waited to long to respond. They sold it right after the post apparently. I was just looking for something to cruise around in. Not really wheel.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TimwithaTJ

Just check for rust. Surface rust is okay if you don't mind wire brushing the frame and undercoating it. Holes from rust is where you'll have trouble.

Top Bottom